Android devices not connecting to Roon core

Hello,

I just installed today roon on my windows 10 Laptop, added Melco N1 as NAS and playing through a Lindemann Source, this works fine.

But I can´t get access with my Android devices. Neither with a Samsung Tab A ( Android 8.1) nor with my moto X ( Android 10 ) Smartphone.

My laptop with the roon core is detected from both Android devices, but there is no connection possible. ( see screenshot)

I already tried 255.255.255.255, but without sucess.

I already tried with and w/o activated firewall.

Network adress Laptop: 192.168.2.106 / Tablet 192.168.2.103

Router: Speedport W724V

Any suggestions?

Greetings

Andreas

Hello @Andreas_Zipser,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Good Morning Noris,

thanks a lot for your advice.
I followed your instruction and it works.

Greetings

Andreas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.