Android mobile having trouble connecting to Roon, requires restart to connect - Apple device connects without issues (ref#6GJJIS)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

*Some *of my remotes can connect

My android mobile often can not connect to roon. I have to restart it and then it works. With an apple device connecting is never a problem.

Hi @Boris_Huber,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your Android device.

Does the issue happen with both the Roon Remote app, as well as Roon Arc?

Can you confirm you’re on the same wifi as your Roon Server when attempting to connect?

If you could, please reproduce the issue and share a specific date and time. From there we’ll be able to activate diagnostic mode for your Roon Server and take a closer look.

Hi

Thanks for the fast reply.

I don’t use Arc yet. The roon server and android app are in the same WiFi.

Yesterday I tried again to connect and made screenshots where you can see the time. It took some minutes to connect (from 14:47 to 14:52) and I had to switch to English and then to German again to restart.

Kind regards

Boris

Hi @Boris_Huber,

Which Android device is giving you trouble, the Motorola moto g(7) power or Motorola Moto G(4) Plus?

If you haven’t yet, I would fully remove the app and reinstall it fresh.

With that, can you also test out downloading the APK version, and see if the same issues persist: Roon - Downloads

Thanks!

Hello,
I don’t use the g4.it is the G7 and also an Android tablet.
I removed the app and installed it again, then I tried the apk. Nothing helped. It takes minutes to find the Nucleus, not so with appple device.
Best regards
Boris

Hey @Boris_Huber,

Thanks for the additional information -

Is this the only issue you’re experiencing on the G7? Do you lose connection after you’re able to initially connect?

If you don’t switch languages, are you not able to connect?

Our team will enable diagnostic mode on both your server and your G7 to inspect Roon further. Can you setup a direct ethernet connection from your server to your router while we continue to troubleshoot?

Thank you! :pray: