Android now playing returns blank still

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
Hi @support still getting Android app issues on my Samsung Tab S2 and One Plus 5. When returning to the app from device being in standby I get confronted with a blank interface. I left this example on now playing but it does it on any page you leave it on.

It’s been doing this since the full Android refresh and I have reported this before.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Do you by any chance have any reproduction steps on how to consistently get into this state? I’ve seen reports of similar behavior on iPad, but we couldn’t nail down the steps just yet and it appears to be random from what we can gather. Any sort of repro steps you can share would be helpful in getting this addressed.

Normally I have just selected an album so on its page in Roon. I start it palying and then put it down,screen goes off, leave it. Doesnt have to be long either minute maybe tops, then
wake the tablet or phone and its in this state. It does it all the time on the tablet, not as otten as it did on the phone but it happens more than I would like. The Samsung has odd drawing issues to, but lets look a one at a time.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Can you please reproduce this issue and let me know the exact local time + date you see it occur as well as which of the devices you used to reproduce? I would like to get a set of logs and add your report to the development ticket.

Hi @noris 18:08 GMT blank on Samsung TabS2 remote after being left. Only one other app running its own internet browser with 2 tabs open.

1 Like

Thanks for the timestamp. I have activated diagnostics mode on it, can you please open the Roon app on the Tab2 and I’ll check for the log report?

That’s Done Noris.

1 Like

Thanks @CrystalGipsy, looks like the log report came in :+1: . I’m seeing an interesting trace here, so let me run this by QA.

Also, I noticed that you have your Roon app running on this device for a considerable amount of time sometimes, does this issue occur only when you have been using the app for a while without exiting it?

It does it regardless of how long it’s been running. When if did the test for you it was fresh , I have just not used that remote since.

1 Like

Just to add, got new phone this week Google Pixel 4 and it’s happening on this as well. So it’s definitely not just older devices.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Which version of Android are you running on these devices, are they the same?
We tried the following tests in the QA lab but have been unable to reproduce so far:

• Left on Now Playing screen and lock the phone
  • Left on the Now Playing screen and wait till phone will go to stand by
  • Left on the Albums/Tracks browser page and lock the phone
  • Left on the Albums/Tracks browser page and wait till phone will go to stand by
  • Turned off wi-fi and then lock the phone on Now Playing/Albums browser/Tracks browser
  • Turned off wi-fi and wait till phone go to stand by on Now Playing/Albums browser/Tracks browser

All different. Pixel is on 10, OnePlus 5 was on 9 and the Samsung TabS2 is on 8 or 7. Are putting the app into the background at any point.

1 Like

@CrystalGipsy - I’ll note this info with QA, maybe it will help, but so far we have not been able to reproduce. If you get a chance to try the devices on a different network that would be interesting info to have as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.