Android phone not connecting to core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac OS 10.13.6
Android Phone Galaxy A10 Android Version 10
Roon 1.7 build 555

Description Of Issue

Phone no longer connects to Roon Core just gets stuck in ‘Waiting for Remote Core’ screen.

Hello @zanimos, thanks for your report. Did you update to Android 10 right before this started? Do you have other remotes to connect and do they have issues? Lastly, I’d like to know more about your network setup, thanks!

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I’m not 100% certain but yes I think my phone may well have just updated to android 10.

No other remotes

Network. I am connected using wifi from a router provided by vodaphone. Configurations are all automatic. If there are specific aspects that you need to know about my network can you let me know what they are and where I would view that info in Mac OS?

Thanks

Hello @zanimos, thanks for the info there. I have something else I’d like you to try.

1. On your Android phone, go ahead and try to connect to the core again.
  2. After about 60 seconds, you should see a “help” option appear (it will be a tiny blue link on the screen).
  3. If you tap there, it should give you the option to enter the IP address of your core. I’d like you to enter the multicast IP 255.255.255.255 there and see if you can connect that way.

Please let me know!

1 Like

Nuwiry,

Many thanks - that seems to have worked a treat!

Much appreciated.

If this happens again is this a standard workaround that should work?

Thanks
Adrian

Hello @zanimos, yes for now using the multicast IP address is what we’re recommending for Android 10 users. I’m glad things are working for you again! Let me know if you need anything else.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.