Android Remote disconnecting from Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel Nuc running 1.7 (710)
dietpi running Bridge 1.7 (571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core and rpi are both connected directly to the Modem/Router via an ethernet switch.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Output is from the rpi + Allo Dac HAT --> stereo receiver

Description Of Issue

I am able to use Android remote to control Roon fine in normal circumstances, however when I turn on the VPN on the Intel NUC running Core, the Android Remote is not able to then locate the Core. However my win10 PC running Remote remains connected no problem while VPN is on/off - no drop offs. When I disconnect from VPN and try again via Android remote, it is able to connect. I have attempted to connect directly to the Core via entering the IP address via the Android Remote, however the scan does not locate the Core. I understand that there are incompatibilities with VPN and Roon, however I raise the question as I have no issues with the Remote running on my PC.

Peter that is fairly normal behavior.
When you connect a VPN it stops being able to broadcast for the clients to connect too.
I have the same issue when I connect my windows pc to a VPN, it then cannot find the Core.

Mike

Yes I anticipated some issues with this, however I flagged since the Windows Remote had no issues connecting to the same Core, only the Android Remote.

Peter that is strange as I see the issue with my windows laptops, and also with Android when I use a vpn on the clients, never tried anything on the server…
There are different limitations on the network stacks that could possibly cause this

Mike

I have same issue. My Android remote will rarely connect to the Room core. I have no issues with my windows PC. It connects to the core on the same network.
My NAS is connected to a VPN, but this should not affect anything, because this is local.
I have recently updated firmware on the NAS and the phone (Samsung), so this have probably something to do with the issue. A couple of week’s ago this was not an issue. My phone could connect to core fast every time.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.