Android remote not connecting to Windows Core

@dylan
Hi Dylan,

The issue has arisen once again. Current W10 build 10.0.17134. Roon 1.6 build 390. Android remote app version 1.6. The core is not being detected when launching the android app. Any ideas?

This disconnect has happened occasionally since we last discussed this, but usually resolved after a short while. But this is persisting despite reboots etc.

Thanks

Nemo

Hi @Nemo_Halperin,

Have there been any changes to your setup recently besides the Roon update?

Are other remotes connecting okay?

Since noticing this behavior have you tried rebooting your Core machine? If you reinstall the Android app is there any change?

Make sure you are not on a guest WiFi network, and that the network you are on is the same subnet range as the core.

@dylan
I reboot my core PC regularly - and have also reinstalled the Roon android remote app more than once. It’s puzzling and annoying. The remote app just can not detect the core even though both are on the same private wifi network.

Thanks

Nemo

1 Like

Check a windoze update hasn’t re actived your firewall settings

Hi @Nemo_Halperin,

Are other remote devices able to connect okay?

Do you have any active antivirus or firewall installed? If so can you try disabling them temporarily and let us know if there is any change?

@dylan
Hi Dylan,

same as last time, after a day it just mysteriously started working again. I just wish I knew exactly what causes this issue! Thanks for your help anyway

Nemo

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.