Android Ron-app incompatible with current Android version

Since last upgrade the Android Ron-app appears incompatible with the current Android version, at least not on my Samsung A42 5 G. Will Roon fix that?

It would help if you said what Android version you have on the phone and what makes you say it is incompatible.
It’s a support issue by the way, not a feature suggestion, so I’ve moved it there.

Hi @Jose_de_Raad,

Following up on @ged_hickman1’s comment, more specific information and symptoms would be helpful:

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Have you tried manually downloading and installing the .APK version as well? You can find it here under Roon Remote :
https://roon.app/en/downloads

I use Android version 12.
Once installed from Google Playstore the Roon Remote claims it cannot find the Roon server.
But at the same time the Roon Remote, using a an Apple Ipad,still does find the Roon Server this can only mean that your Roon Remote app is incompatible with Android version 12.

It isn’t incompatible with Android 12 or in fact Android 13. I run Roon on both releases.
There is something else happening in your set up.
Roon support are out today for Thanksgiving so you will have to await their return…
In the meantime in would help them if you would fill in the information that @benjamin asked for.

As another information point it would be helpful if you supplied the IP address of your server and phone and iPad

As far as I know I’ve already answered @benjamins’ questions. Once I try to start Roon Remote from my Android Cell Phone I get the message:
“Waiting for your Roon Server”. Roon is stille trying to connect, but it’s takning long."
Although with an Ipad Roon is working perfectly.
So can you help me to improve the access from the android cell phone?

From reading these boards there appears to be a general issue with latest roon production and early access apps on Samsung devices. This is affecting a number of people as evident from the boards.

Raise a support request and fill in all the details requested, otherwise you will go round in circles of frustration.

Im also having issues with Samsung since latest update, have not had time to raise a support request yet but will be doing so when i get time.

Dear Benjamin,

See below for my answers.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Model: Macbook Pro

RAM: 16 GB

System: MacOS Ventura 13.3.1. (tonight 25-26th of nov replaced by version 13.6.1)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Modem Router: KPN Experia Box v10

We use Wifi for communication between the devices

Connected Audio Devices

The Macbook contains the Roon Server Machine.

The amplifier is a Devialet 220 Pro.

As Remote we use an Apple Ipad, and before also a Samsung Galaxy A42 5G with Android 12 (and this does’nt work anymore)

Communication goes by Wifi. The Devialet is connected digitally.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

In tracks it is diffcult to count, but something like 750 albums.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Problem:, The Roon Remote app on the Samsung does’nt work properly, It “says” “Waiting for your Roon Server. Roon is still trying to connect, but it’s taking longer.”

And there the action stops, although the system works (nearly) perfectly, once using the Ipad instead of the Samsung as remote.

Someone already reacted by mentioning the same problem: “From reading these boards there appears to be a general issue with latest roon production and early access apps on Samsung devices. This is affecting a number of people as evident from the boards.”

So wheather it is a problem with the Roon Remote app, or with the Samsung A 42 itself.

Hi @Jose_de_Raad,

Thanks for the update!

To confirm, your issue still persists after manually installing the .apk version?

A set of Roon logs from the android device may prove helpful:

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Ferramenta de linha de comando Logcat  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.