Android Roon Client has trouble finding core, then freezes after being connected

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Intel i7 8th gen. 64GB RAM, SSD.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS AC-5300 x 2

Connected Audio Devices

Android phone over WiFi, ColorOS 12.1

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Since the 2.0 upgrade:

• Every time I opened a Roon remote/client, Roon Server was logged out of Tidal (very annoying)
  • The Android client has hard time finding the Core, then it takes a long time to find it and connect.
  • After connecting, I get this message, which I have never seen before on 1.8 and earlier versions, I see this message now for the first time ever: Uh oh, something’s not right. Make sure Roon Core is turned on and that you’re connected to the same network
    But of course, Roon Core is turned on, and the Windows 10 clients have no issue connecting to the Core. Which seems to imply that this is a Wi-Fi problem, which can’t be right as I have many Wireless devices working fine in the house.

Thanks,

Hey @G_Man,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into connection issues with your core and android remote? With that, can you provide more information around how your core is connected to your router and network? If possible, I would suggest hardwiring your core directly to your router.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.