Android Roon Remote won't connect to Core

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10
16Gb RAM
CPU : intel i5 7th Gen

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Notebook is connect by Ehternet cable and phone by wi-fi to a modem from the internet carrier.

Connected Audio Devices

Chromecast and USB DAC PEE51 from Astell&Kern

Number of Tracks in Library

28.0000 tracks

Description of Issue

I use Roon all in one app in windows 10 notebook and just want to stream to my phone, but the android app won’t connect.

The app can find the core, but shows up a red dot and keeps on that screen with the Connect button disabled. The same issue happens in every phone in my house: Samsung S20 FE (main phone), Realme and Xiaomi. All of them are in the latest Android version, my Samsung phone is Android 12. All of the Roon Remote and Desktop apps are in the latest version also.

Roon in the windows notebook is enabled to accept remote connections

I tried changing the IP Address of the notebook, and nothing changes.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the community, @Henrique_Araujo.

This probably didn’t help matters. I suggest you set the IP in your router using DHCP, even if you decide to allocate it a fixed IP.

Once you’ve done this, shutdown the notebook, reboot your router, and any Wi-Fi hotspots, and once the router has completely booted (which may take a few minutes), restart the notebook.

In addition, temporarily disable VPN and Windows firewall.

Do these steps help?

Indeed. It Works. I discovered that the problem was the windows firewall, when I desactivate it, the android app connected sucessfully to the notebook.

I will create a firewall exception to Roon to maintain security.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.