Annual subscription cost in GBP

Hi,

I’m looking to continue my Roon membership beyond my trial with the annual subscription. The price is listed in dollars but I am based in the UK and there doesn’t seem to be a price in pounds available.

How much will I end up being charged, or does that depend on my bank’s exchange rate at the time of purchase?

Thanks

I don’t see an option to add PayPal. I only have the ability to add card details.

I believe Roon will send you a PayPal invoice if requested.

No, of course not.

My question isn’t from a place of worry, I am just wondering if there is some sort of fixed UK price I am not seeing or whether it simply is dependent on the exchange rate my bank or the payment processor uses.

The RRP I see in the UK versus what somebody in the US sees for the same product is seldom fluid in the same way exchange rates are…

Unfortunately, just like every country in Europe, taxes are due in the UK that are not in the US ( depending on State of course).
But do not worry. Brexit will solve all that.

1 Like

Hi @Scrum92,

This thread has been unlisted (as we do with all account related questions) and we have flagged our @accounts team for you. I appreciate your patience until this request reaches their queue.

Hey @Scrum92, there is no fixed UK price – we charge our memberships in USD and our payment processor (Stripe) will do the conversion to GBP as follows:

As currency prices constantly vary, it’s not possible to know in advance the FX rate you’ll pay. The rate displayed online at various sites such as Open Exchange Rates is the mid-market rate : the average between the prices at which people are buying and selling the currency. The actual exchange rate includes markups from financial institutions. When Stripe performs a currency conversion, funds are usually converted at 1% above the daily mid-market rate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.