Annual vs lifetime (tough decision)

have Roon ever offer a life time subscription discount as a special thru out the year EVER???

Hence why lifetime has the advantage of setting a fixed price on what Roon will ever cost you. Obviously with the risk that Roon may not exist in 4.7 years at break-even time.

Not that I know of. Rather the opposite, they have stated many times that they might stop offering it completely.

wow! that is something to think about. The only thing I am worry about what you just said, it could fold. I cannot use Roon ARC outside because my computer is not always on and the Core has to be on 24/7. I use mainly tidal and iTunes when I am out and about. decisions decisions!!! Also, if they fold, the Core will be useless.

Thanks for your answers. today is my last day to decide as my trial period is over.

If you are considering a lifetime subscription then there’s no better time to do so before new year.

1 Like

Well, most likely you can repurpose the core for other computer/server duties, like for Roon’s successor :wink:

As for folding, it can always happen due to unforeseen circumstances, but with more than 250,000 users and growing at a healthy rate, most of them on a recurring subscription plan, they are running a solid and healthy software business.

I am considering it as my credit card offers 0% apr on new purchases til 2/24.

2 Likes

Note that the lifetime price will rise considerably on January 1.

1 Like

I think there was one and the only xmas special in 2015. Not too sure if my memories are correct. I already had bought a lifetime sub, but I think I saw a special in Dec 2015.

funny you are. lol. anyways, you are correct, they could fold, but they do have lots of users and pay as they use it.

Yes hence my suggestion

I know, but I wasn’t sure that Elizabeth got the hint, so I thought I’d point it out.

@elizabeth_chan:

well, 7 years ago!!! oh I do remember back then when they were expensive and seem to can’t touch this! well, now it is more affordable. I really do like Roon as it’s a really nice layout!!!
HUMMMM, maybe I could see if they will offer the special again like in 12/2015. 8 years is a lucky number!!!

1 Like

I don’t think there will be a new special again. Back then, new lifetime subscribers were needed to keep the show running. Roon started in April/May 2015.

thank you. I did see the price increase from 699 to 829!!! that is one year free of Roon if I join now.

By the way, if Roon charges me the annual and I decided to change to lifetime in 2 days, would they give me some of the money back for the annual?

As much as I hope you’ll get :four_leaf_clover: lucky, I wouldn’t count on it.

The only thing you can count on is that all prices go up a lot by January 1st

1 Like

@beka I believe this is a question you should be able to answer.

I’ve passed your question to the Roon staff.

thank you.

You can cancel the annual (within 30 days) and get a full refund.
However, if you then take out lifetime in 2023 it will be at the new rate not the current 2022 rate.

I feel your putting in way to much thought into this … and looking for “loopholes” too deeply.

It is really very simple, if your happy to make a small gamble that Roon will be around for the next 4+ years (and the consensus is they will be) and you can afford or finance the lifetime cost now … go for it.

6 Likes