I added to my library “Mahler’s Complete Symphonies conducted by Sir Simon Rattle.” It arrived ill-tagged but IDed at the album level. Problems included:
- It arrived as one 14-hour disc
- None of the symphonies were linked/IDed. As anyone reading knows, unlinked works or albums in a library of any size will quickly “disappear”. And ironically, I had added to aid in the linking of my existing Mahler stuff. Joke’s on me.
- Symphony 2 was poorly formatted
- Symphony 5 was divided into three parts
- Symphony 7 was divided into four parts
- Symphony 8’s common title (“The Symphony of a Thousand”) appears on each PART instead of once in the WORK name.
I’d guess this represents about 30 minutes of editing time using Roon edits.
I don’t imagine there is anything constructive to be done. I just wanted to document an aspect of TIDAL’s product quality.