Any news on the Playlist issue?

Sorry @KnockKnock – looks like I missed the link :frowning:

That link explains how to ensure that iTunes syncs your playlists to the XML file that Roon reads – in your screenshot, it looks like your XML file hasn’t been modified in a few years, so I’m guessing this feature is turned off, or you’re storing your XML file somewhere else.

Once you update your iTunes settings and ensure that the XML is being updated, I’m guessing Roon will see your iTunes playlists. Let me know how it goes!

Hi Mike

My screenshot shows that my xml file was updated today at 12:53

Best KnockKnock

You’re right – sorry, I misread that.

I think the issue here is the location of the XML – as I mentioned above, we only support the default location right now, so take a look at the Apple link I posted above, and see if you can configure iTunes to store the XML in its default location.

I think if it’s in Users/[your user name]/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media you should be all set, but let me know if that’s not the case and we can gather some more information @KnockKnock. Thanks!

Mike
I REALLY need your help now. I had trouble with these playlists, I just started from scratch, made a new iTunes library and stuff. Took me some hours, but have a brand-new iTunes lib and XLM file. iTunes works OK, I also imported the old iTunes playlists successfully to the new iTunes.
BUT Roon only shows my OLD playlists (made in Roon, not made in iTunes) AND it only shows my Tidal albums, not the 2908 albums on my harddisc.
How do I reset Roon? I turned of the Prefs in Roon who is pointing to my (new) iTunes folder, (new) music folder and so on. Turned them on again, nothing new happens. I logged out of Roon, and logged back in again…
The playlists in Roon are still the old ones, and only Tidal songs are shown.

What can I do to get:
a) The playlists from iTunes (now that everything is in the correct folder) WITHOUT losing the Roon playlists I made within Roon
b) My 2908 albums back into Roon

best KnockKnock

I got Roon to scan the albums now, don´t know why it did now work the first many times, but now it seems to succeed finding my music from the new iTunes

Still no playlists though…

I´d really love to be able to import my many, many iTunes Playlists into Roon. Still no way to do it?

KnockKnock

Hey @KnockKnock – I’m not aware of any issues with iTunes playlist syncing right now. We only support the default iTunes location for your XML file, although we may change that or offer a workaround soon.

Can you look into the question I asked above:

now with no screenshots

Would you mind posting a screenshot @KnockKnock of the XML file’s location – I assume its been moved since your post above?

now with no screenshots

Any news on this Playlist issue? Its still not working

We’re finalizing some instructions for a workaround you can use if your iTunes library is stored in a non standard location, like in your screenshots above.

I think this should get this working for you. @KnockKnock, so I’ll let you know when I post the instructions. You will need to set up a symlink, but it should be pretty straightforward and will work for people who want to use Roon in this configuration.

I’ll be posting those instructions soon, just note that for now Roon only supports the default XML path:

Hi Mike. That sounds good to me. I, as mentioned earlier, have moved my iTunes library to the right location…
But if a symlink thing will do the trick I am happy, just sent me the instructions.
Best KnockKnock

Ok, maybe the screenshots were outdated? Based on your screenshots, Roon is going to look for:

Users/kurt/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.xml

But in the screenshot you posted above, you’re showing:

Users/kurt/Music/ QRTiTunes Sept2015 /iTunes Library.xml

Does that make sense?

Yes, thats correct. I had to name my library. So yes the path:
Users/kurt/Music/ QRTiTunes Sept2015 /iTunes Library.xml is correct

KnockKnock

Ok, got it. While Roon won’t find that path on its own, the instructions we’ll be publishing soon will help get the XML symlinked to the right location.

Stand by!

Hi Mike
Now THAT sounds good ;=)
Oh can we by any chance make this conversation private, I dont wanna have my name out (Hifi reviewer for monoandstereo.com amongst others ;=)

best Kurt

I just edited my post – sorry about that!

Feel free to delete the screenshots if you want, I think we know what the issue is now.

Appreciate your patience here @KnockKnock!

Thanks, I hope you can solve this issue ;=)

Thanx for your help ;=)

Hi Mike

Merry X Mas to you

My wish for X Mas is that the playlist issue will be solved.

And also the Radio function would be a goodie ;=)

best KnockKnock