Any way to reset track play counts?

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is any way to reset the play count on tracks in Roon?

I often listen to songs on shuffle or in ‘most played’ playlists. This means that I often get short intros/interludes/skits etc from albums that I’ve listened to appearing during the playlist. In the old iTunes days you could reset the play counts of songs to 0 to prevent this from happening (or to prevent songs you’ve listened to for the first time but don’t like showing up). I can’t see a way to do that in Roon.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

1 Like

It’s possible to remove plays from your play history, but not to reset a play count to zero AFAIK.

In your play history, right-click the tracks you want to remove, then click the Edit button top right of the screen - this will bring up the History editor where you can remove those particular play instances from your history, and adjust the play count accordingly for those tracks.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to filter the play History, which would make resetting a lot easier…

2 Likes

Oh lovely. I just gave it a go and the play count does indeed reduce as you delete each play instance.

A bit awkward, but I’ll take it.

Thanks very much for your help!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.