Anyone got the FiiO M11 yet

Does Roon pass mqa through then. It’s annoying on my Hiby as its only a renderer and cant enable the mqa core decoder for it.

If you tell it to I guess it will…I’ll try it later when I get home.

Just ordered a M11 plus LTD while I do love my Hiby its slugglish and doesnt work well as just a DAC and want a more juicy DAP, having dismissed the Kann Alpha for being crap on wifi this was my next choice. Shame Roons borked due to their Android resampling but will see how it sounds.

Ouch! I just started considering moving from M11 Pro to Kann Alpha. Could you please elaborate on Wi-Fi problems? Is it 5GHz WLAN?

No 2.4ghz only and it was not very good. It was weak signal connecting that would drop off very easily just moving it two feet. Also it doesn’t roam. I have multiple access points with continuous ssid yet it would disconnect and not reconnect. The battery also would just drain when doing nothing. It lost 25% overnight. Roon mode worked but was susceptible to droputs down to the poor WiFi. My network is very robust and have no issues with anything else on WiFi at all so it was definitely sub par. It did sound good but I just couldn’t stomach paying the high price when it has so many other obvious flaws and it wasnt 5 X as good as my Hiby R5 and that works fine on wifi. I did buy it for its Roon ready status but returned it.

My M11 Pro drops playback when using 2.4GHz as well. I think this is connected to Roon rather than particular DAP.

Nope, it will be WiFi related. 2.4gz is overcrowded and can drop to very low bandwidth at a drop of a hat. But it can work perfectly fine it does for my Sonos and thats 2.4ghz only.