App stops playing frequently

Hey @Scott_Johnson1 – we have not done a lot of Android-specific work over the last few months as 1.3 came together, but that’s because Roon uses the same infrastructure and code on all platforms, save for a few platform specific details, and we weren’t working in those platform-specific areas very much for 1.3 on any platform.

I should, however, mention that our Android audio implementation was completely rewritten about a year ago, which is after this thread started, and that will likely happen again in the future as our Android app evolves to support “on the go” use cases.

That said, I of course agree that playback shouldn’t stop after 5 minutes. Issues like this usually relate to power management–Android shouldn’t be turning off when music is playing. If this problem got worse over the past few months, it’s possible that Google changed things out from under us.

I just ran a quick test here, and playback did stop for me after about 15 minutes. I’m going to forward this report to our QA so they can write up the report and pass it to our developers for further investigation. Thanks for the report!