Apple Music High Res

How does that work?

Does it update each library when something has changed ?

Yeah, it’s a case of putting the infrastructure/components in place for now. They’ll get there but I’m not sure they’re in any great hurry ATM. They also seem to be loosing the love for Bluetooth here as well. Get the impression they’re ready to go with something different in the headphones soon…

1 Like

You can set it up to do automatic updates, but I do manual updates periodically from Qobuz to Apple Music. I use Roon to keep Tidal and Qobuz in sync by always adding the highest resolution of an album to both at the same time.

EDIT: I was wrong about this. Tune My Music can only sync playlist. I just switched to Soundiiz because I kept having difficulty signing onto Tune My Music.

I could only see options to keep playlists in sync can you keep favorite tracks or albums in sync?

Considering they have never added sample rate switching to iTunes prior and have not in music and both have supported local playback of hires files for as long as I know then I don’t see them adding it But who knows it’s Apple they are on their own crazy path.

1 Like

Yeh but they also never supported 24/192 wirelessly over Airplay before too. My testing result was surprising but still mainly useless for us.

I’ll retest in October 22, after the next big macOS update ! :smiley:

which player you want to use for your next test? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: wishlist: free Qobuz iPad App

Yes, you’re right. Looks like the automatic sync only works for playlist. That’s not a problem for me. I sync albums manually when I think about it. I don’t use Apple Music that often anyway.

TuneMyMusic is only $24 a year.

EDIT: I just switched to Soundiiz.

2 Likes

Anything that allows you to play RME’s bit perfect test files from iOS will work :wink:

When you press ‘Airplay’ as output on iOS, you select your Mac.

And watch to see what the ADI-2 DAC screen shows. See the photos I shared in October.

:pensive:

amyway a good tipp!

1 Like

Then it is fantastic! (Using that feature since that time. Read my remark above in regards to spotify, soundcloud, bandcamp blocking it….however free stuff is working…metapop, blend.io,…

Lol no worries

This was hard work but we got there.

hm. just reading about this matter stuff. apple did join that alliance.

I’m starting to think you don’t know what feature we have been discussing here.

I just tested now - Spotify on iOS plays to macOS fine as Airplay output…

I don’t have Spotify Desktop app open on macOS btw…

And please don’t send links to articles. Just try it yourself and you will see and hear that it works fine.

yes, spotify is working now. when you did try a while ago it did not.

sure, i send links to aricles.i do not spend so much effort to write it up all again, when others already made that.

you need to set on ios level.atleast this works now. if you set in the app you still get screwed up.

anyway, when Mac switches to this mode, it is the best SQ imo. But it is still changing where and when it does so. So, not only depending on Mac OS version but iOS version too. Disadvantage of that Quicktimeplayer Mode, you can not do anything with the Mac. It ist just an Airplay Endpoint. So perfect for a coming Mac nano :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (If you have setup blackhole and HQPlayer in the background as example, this is all working of course. So, this has the potential for the „super“ streaming endpoint. but not ready now.) Guess Airplay is running in 48/24 in this „Quicktimeplayermode“, so like Apple TV 4k….Myself loving Apple‘s upsampling algorithm here. Using it for listening to LQ mp3 from the web :slight_smile:

BTW this is was Amazon reports when streaming from ipad to mac via AirPlay. Mac is not switching to „Quicktimemode“.

It’s supposed to happen in the background but it keeps failing. Not that big a deal just annoying. Anything you upload to AM currently is converted to 256aac.

1 Like

I was thinking about ordering a 25 feet long HDMI cable from Amazon to send Apple Music 24/96 lossless from my iPad 8th Gen to Bose. What specification HDMI cable should I get? Post a link if you can. Thanks.

EDIT: So, will just about any 4K, 18 gbps HDMI cable work sending high resolution lossless 25 feet.

1 Like

I dumped it mainly because it’s uPNP implementation wouldnt play to my Cambridge Audio CXN without having to force upsampling

I looked at it purely from interest as I have a need for uPNP for my v1 CXN (ie not Roon Ready) as a 5 yr Roon user I was unlikely to swap that as my primary music source but after a poor initial roll out, uPNP flaws and an interface that is really quite substandard it cancelled my sub renewal

I use Roon with JRiver for my limited uPNP needs and my video library

1 Like