Networking Gear & Setup Details

TPLink Mesh Network using DECO X20 hubs

Connected Audio Devices

AppleTV connected either via Wifi or Ethernet hard-cabled
Problems occurs same with either connection

Number of Tracks in Library

N/A

Description of Issue

In Roon, I can see the AppleTV in question as one of two in my house. I can connect to one, but the second one gives me an error “Airplay password not accepted. Please try again.”

I have verified the IP address, the network and AirPlay configurations, but still no luck.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

There was another thread on this recently and the solution was that on restarting the Apple tv( or something on the tv) in question it briefly showed a 4 digit pin.
When that was input into Roon it then worked.
Or something along those lines but I can’t find the relevant topic ATM…
It was only a day or so ago though.

1 Like

Not the exact one I read earlier but this might help…

1 Like

Hi @James_Henson, you’ll need to set a passcode in the Apple TV’s settings for Airplay. Once you’ve done that, enter that passcode in Roon and it should work.

1 Like

@dylan The error message that I get from Roon is AFTER I type in the passcode from the Apple TV on Roon. Basically, the first Airplay device (Apple TV in Office) worked fine, but the second Airplay device doesn’t seem to get past the passcode prompt.

Hello @James_Henson ,

Are you still seeing this issue at the present time? Which version is the Apple TV with the issue? On the Apple TV, if you go to Settings > AirPlay and click on Airplay Everyone, you will see Security below. This might show Require Code First Time Only but should be changed to a Password. Can you give that a try? Thanks!

THANK YOU for the good idea! Once I changed the AppleTV Airplay configuration to require a fixed password, Roon was able to link up to it and I am back in business with whole-house audio!

3 Likes

Happy to hear that those instructions resolved the issue! Please do let us know if we can be of further assistance in the future and hope you have an enjoyable Roon journey :headphones: !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.