Apple TV Extension - Roon TV Remote

Really cool, THX. Mine has changed to 9330 whyever… :+1:

Looks like there’s been a change to the API, artist image keys are no longer present.

I’ve asked support if this is an expected change.

1 Like

That worked for me too. Thanks!

It appears the port # changed after upgrading to tvOS 15.2.
TV:Remote wasn’t able to find my core even after entering the Core IP.
Looking up the port number as you suggested and entering it did the trick.

Thanks for the app, it works perfectly and solves this annoying problem of not being able to interface with the system from the tv when people are over. Thank you!

Don’t know if it would ever be possible, but lyrics would be a nice addition.

Otherwise, fantastic and well worth the NZ$5!

1 Like

In the meantime I had to find out that the reproduction of the album and artist pictures is not only changed in “Roon TV Remote”, but also in the same way in Roon’s own “WEB display”. Both displays behave identically. With some albums you can only see the album cover, with other albums, e.g. “Víkingur Ólafsson: Bach Reworks Part 2” you can see the album cover as well as “Ryuichi Sakamoto”, who is involved in one of the pieces. The main interpreter “Víkingur Ólafsson” cannot be seen at all. I’ve played different albums, it doesn’t seem to follow any logic as to whether an artist is featured or not. :thinking:

Good to know, they’ll both be using the same API.

Im wondering if the change to displayed artist images is related to the release of Valence Art Director

I just updated to 1.8 build 882 and now a Chromecast connected speaker won’t play.
Firewall allowing TCP 8008 and 8009 and UDP 32768-65535, UDP 1900, but it doesn’t work anymore. Speaker is found and I can press play, but nothing happens.
When turning off firewall, it works. So another port switch here? Anyone else having this issue? or know that ports to open that I miss(ed)?

@R_102 what is going on here?

Roon Version 1.8 (build 882) stable

How do we get this working again? Extension is gone.

Never mind. I had to change the port setting in the ATV4K setup to match that shown in Roon - Settings - Display and all is good now. Also had to enable the Extension in Roon - Extensions.

1 Like

This worked for me too. Thanks.

Worked for me. Thanks so much!
Rudy

1 Like

Many of the images are not fitting my 65 inch TV screen. The pictures are too large. Is there a way to fix that?

85 inch TV will fix it.

2 Likes

Hi @Henri How have you set the extension up to connect to the Roon Core, auto discovery or manually entered the IP address?

If you’ve manually entered the IP address you may need to check for a change of port number

Are those image’s artist images or album covers?
There’s a know issue with artist images failing to appear:

In TV:Remote app, if no artist images are available the display will cycle through an oversized and sized to fit album cover.

I think it’s probably some of both.

If you spot an oversized artist image pass on the track name, I’ll try and figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

I’ll watch. It could just be album covers. Thanks.

That is exactly what I did. But it didn’t change anything.

It is only a problem if you add new artists that have not been in your music library before.

If you want to reproduce the problem, here is how it goes;

you add a completely new artist that was not present in your music library before, then add an artist picture for the new artist you just added.

Now you wil notice that when you play an album of that new artist, the artist picture is not shown on screen using your Apple TV extension.

Your extension will show a close up up the album cover, even though you have added the artist picture and it should be available. However, it is not

The problem is very tricky, because any artist that was present before these recent 2 builds will act normal with your extension, that is, their artist pictures will be visible on the screen while playing music.

Therefore some people will think they do not have the problem. It is only after you have added a new artist, you did not have before in your library that you will notice the problem.

Anyway, I suspect this is out of your hands and must be solved by the Roon staff. The problem is exactly the same for your extension and the screen view of the Chrome Cast.

@ivan I am tagging you, so you can reproduce the problem.

Just got a new Apple TV 4K. I installed TV:Remote and set it up as before via IP entry and port in App Settings. Verified address and port via Roon>Settings>Displays.

Apple TV is connected via Ethernet to the local network (verified working via other local services).

I just can’t get this one figured out. Automatic search has never found room on my home network from Apple TV - this one or the old one - but on the old one manual setup did work.

Any advice?