Apple TV Extension - Roon TV Remote

Some more details that might help you :crazy_face::+1:

tvOS: 13.4.8 (17M5545a) beta?
Model: A1625 (64 GB)
Part number: MLNC2ZD/A
HDMI firmware: 17.28

Cheers John.

Thanks @JTD I’ve managed to catch a crash at startup. The cause was failing to fetch network info at startup! Hopefully the fix should address the crash your seeing… :crossed_fingers:

There should be a new build available this evening/tomorrow.

1 Like

A1625 64GB
DY6QPXPBGXH8
13.4.6(17L570)
1080pHD-60Hz YCbCr 4:4:1234:

Hangs on launch.

Hi…also had to go through the same learning curve :smiley: …you need to do it first on your iPhone/iPad…use the link on this thread and then it will be made available on the AppleTV…

2 Likes

A few posts up… there’s a post from Russel…“Join the TV:Remote beta”…it should work…

1 Like

OK, it just showed up. Thanks.

OK, it’s working for me playing Airplay To RoPieeeXL to my Meridian Prime and headphones. My other choices are Apple TV 4K and Oppo 203. I don’t think it’s going to work for me because I send audio from my Oppo through my TV to my Bose. I would have to rewire my Oppo to bypass the TV which I don’t want to do.

I got it working with my Meridian Prime and headphones without using AirPlay. I just can’t use it with my Oppo 203 since that’s playing through my TV to Bose.

I also got it working playing just from my Apple TV 4K to Bose which is probably your intention anyway.

Well done, Russell.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the feedback.

Build 1.3 is now up on TestFlight. It fixes a crash on startup, hopefully this address the crash issue a few have reported above.

1.3 changes:

• Fixed a network error related crash at startup

• Prevented ATV screensaver being displayed while app is running

• Reworked Transport/Control button focused states

• Swiping up on Now Playing now hides zone/volume info

Hi Russell, crash on startup is OK. The app now stops @ the screen: Looking for your Roon Core… and after a while It shows the main ATV screen

Cheers John

I tested it wired en through Wifi.

Hi @JTD, I’ve managed to replicate that crash here. A new build is on its way!

The app stopping at the “Looking for your Roon Core” screen suggests the app was failing to get a response back when trying to discover the core.

See how you go in the next build, I may need a plan B for connecting to the core! :thinking:

What is the process to update to a new release?

Thank You Russell. I had suggested Apple TV as a roon display just like chromecast. But remote would be even better.

Apple TV 4K, Model A1842 (32 GB), tvOS 13.4.6 (17L570), 720p HD - 50 Hz YCbCr 4:4:4, wired ethernet, TV:Remote 1.0 (1.3)

App won’t start. Grey screen.
ATV restart doesn’t help.

Best regards, klisse

Build 1.4

• Fixed crash on searching for Roon core

Programming can be a jungle sometimes but it’s fun/satisfying when it works. Good luck and take it easy.

1 Like

@Jim_F Go to the TestFlight app on you ATV, select TV:Remote. You should see the option to update

1 Like

That worked. Good job Russell.

Hi Russell build 1.4 didn’t find my core. Same message: Looking for your Roon core…

Cheers John

Any one else running this build 1.4 on tvOS 13.4.8 beta? Maybe that’s the problem?

A1625 64GB
DY6QPXPBGXH8
13.4.6(17L570)
1080pHD-60Hz YCbCr 4:4:1234:

Build 1.4

Hangs on launch/Gray screen.