Apple TV Extension - Roon TV Remote

Hi @Martin_Thomas, Sounds like something isn’t quite right. The extension should only need enabling the once.

When the extensions not is use does it remain listed in the authorised list. Settings > Extensions > View

It does but multiple versions which I’ve enabled each time

I have exactly the same situation, that of being asked to authorise each time, and a growing list of historic authorisations for the same version.
Will follow this thread with interest!

@MortalWombatUK has the extension always behaved like this for you or is it a recent change?
What are you using as the Roon Core?

Hi @R_102

No, this is a recent development. I am using a NUC 10i3FNH, and have a fairly small library. All Roon elements are up to date, and using tvOS 15 on the Apple TV 4K (not the very latest Apple TV, the first 4K one).

Regards,

Mark

Thanks, sounds like you’re running a very similar system to me. I should have some free time over the weekend - I’ll investigate!

@Martin_Thomas @MortalWombatUK does the enable extension issue persists across Roon Core reboots?

I’ve not been able to replicate the issue with my system…

Hey there. I have an Oppo 203. Can I use this plugin to control roon with my Oppo 203 obviously as an end point? Or do I need a core as well? I would love to control roon from my tv!!!

@R_102 Yes it persists even after a roon core reboot

Thanks @Martin_Thomas, have you tried a clean install of the app on the Apple TV?

I’m wondering of the app is failing to save/load a config file - failing to save/load this file can result in needing to enable the extension each time.

1 Like

Hi @Nathan_Kimmett You’ll need both a Roon Core and Apple TV - you’ll then be able to control the Oppo from the Apple TV.

does having the roon core improve sound quality or would a media pc kind of do the same thing?

@R_102 Thanks a ton. That worked like a charm

1 Like

Sorry for slow reply… yes, this behaviour does persist across core re-boots… I will try reinstalling the app on Apple TV

Hey all Roonie’s

Wanna mention😃

Bought/Installed Apple TV remote app on new Apple TV 2. gen and activated the extension in ROON Core running on MAC MINI M1
Have to say…
WHAT a wunderfull piece off software this is…Great layout + the possibility to ajust the volume on the system…Just :+1:

1 Like

@R_102

Reinstalling TV Remote on my Apple TV seems to have sorted the issue :+1:t2:

Mark

1 Like

Great app - any chance of real time lyrics?

1 Like

I’ve bought it and same for me I just miss real time lyrics :slight_smile:

Not sure if it is our TV setup, but you can’t really see the very grey 'Roon’ text on the icons, it just looks like TV: REMOTE, which is a bit confusing. Maybe make the Roon text white and a lighter grey for the sub title? Could just be my old eyes… anyway thanks for the great app.

1 Like

Unlikely. Unfortunately lyrics aren’t available publicly via the Roon API. I also suspect they’ll be some licensing implications.