Apple TV no sound at all

Hi James,

Don’t worry about the grouped issue, your situation can be fixed by going to tvOS 13.2 beta. You could also just wait until Apple releases the stable 13.2 version.

You can (temporarily) join the Apple beta for the tvOS 13.2. That’s what I did.

Edit: It looks like you need to enroll in the beta program on Apple’s website first in order to participate. I did so a while back and forgot the procedure.

On the Apple TV, go to Settings > System > Software Updates. Click Get Beta Updates to On. Then click Update Software.

It should update you to tvOS 13.2. You can the go back to Get Beta Updates and set it to Off again.

That should solve the issue.

Cheers, Greg

Just an FYI, my (US) TVOS is on 13.0, is deemed by Apple to be up to date, and does not offer a beta OS version (to be exact, no line that says " Set Beta Updates to ON").

Must have cancelled the beta version.

Hi John,

It looks like you have to enroll in the beta software program on Apple’s website first. I did it so long ago I forgot the procedure.

Since I did in the past and that’s why it shows for me.

Cheers, Greg

2 Likes

ok thanks guys. think i’ll wait until it’s released. I was in the beta program once and it was a hassle.

Thanks for all this, I kind of assumed it was an update as non-Apple outputs still working fine. Have done 13.2 on HD and it’s fine. Presumably it’ll be good on the previous one (the last one with an optical out, annoyingly!). But I’m turning off Beta updates again afterwards (or will turn off automatic updates maybe), or I might get a(nother) dud one without knowing.

I’ll let 4k do itself when the full release comes out.

Waste of a couple of hours I really could have done without today!

And I find Apple TV fine by the way for non-critical applications like my workroom and dead cheap compared to ‘proper’ bits of kit. Ebay ones even cheaper.

Thanks for the clarification. I will be using native Tidal app on Apple TV until iOS 13.2 is released, seems more reliable than the other workaround I posted above

Apple TV just offered tvOS 13.2 update after manual update check and Roon is back in business with airplay streaming :slightly_smiling_face: :notes:

Hi @mlp - Thanks for letting us know!

@Sante_Roon/@James_Cortez/@John_Best - Can you please check to see if the update is available on your end and if this resolves the issue?

Dear @noris,

As said in my previous reply (34), around 2 weeks ago, already solved!

Many thanks to everybody.

Sante

1 Like

Hello,

Since 13.2 is available today for the public, yes it has fixed this issue. Thank Goodness!

Roon in my home is back baby lol…

Tom

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.