Apple TV suddenly stopped working (tvOS 11.4 beta) [Tracking]

Thank you for the follow up @umami and providing the requested feedback! Both are very appreciated!

I have left note with our tech team to see if we have an ApplTV in house to try and confirm this behavior with. I will be sure to touch base again once I hear back.

-Eric

Hi @umami ----- Thank you again for the feedback and more importantly, thank you for your patience here while I have been discussing this report with the team.

I did some further research in to the firmware your Apple TV is currently running and it looks like tvOS 11.4 (15L5536c) is indeed a beta version. Have you tried rolling back to the most recent ā€œstableā€ release to confirm if the problem still exists?

Additionally, I am going to be submitting a ticket to track this behavior in our system so we can keep an eye on any Roon users being affected by this behavior.

-Eric

Eric,

I havenā€™t yet reverted to a non-beta version of tvOS. Surprised it didnā€™t revert itself at reset, which suggests it will take some further investigation to figure out. Meanwhile, I have a workaround for Roon that doesnā€™t go through the ATV, but obviously would prefer that this work as it shouldā€¦

Thank you for touching base with me @umami, I am curious to hear what the experience is like with the Apple TV while on non-beta version.

Please do keep me updated when you roll over to a production build so I know if the issue is still being experienced.

Many thanks!
-Eric

I too am running 11.4 on Apple TV and canā€™t get Roon via Airplay at all. Getting the same behaviour as the OP.

Iā€™ve tried resetting the Apple TV to factory settings but even that doesnā€™t work for me :frowning: