AppleTV as Display

Big +1 for adding this as a core AppleTV app.

all up and running. Thanks for taking the time to do this and for sharing.

+1 would like to see this feature on the roadmap. Thanks!

Yes, and yes ATV remote. (You don’t even need the TV be on).

It would be straightforward to use AirPlay to send the display to the apple TV ( with or without sound ) as a feature.

Edit: I found this with a little research. it does the trick

That app is great. It could use some improvements, but I strongly recommend it.

Seems like this topic could be closed, unless people really want something that’s not in the app?

1 Like

I tried with chromecast but the quality of the image is not so good, probably because my chromecast is a few years old now.

I may be in the minority, but I’d rather something “native.” I ran into some issues with the extension approach & ended up turning it off as a result. Those issues may be resolved at this point, though, so I’ll likely try it again.

1 Like

I use TV:Remote and I like it for what it is, but it does not display lyrics. My understanding is that licensing issues prevent Roon from providing the developer with a method to access them. A native AppleTV display would solve this.

Although TV:Remote has a (just) ok interface for selecting content, I find that I don’t use it as a controller very often. A native display-only Apple TV app would be just fine.

2 Likes

One should think adding Roon Arc to AppleTV is an easy thing to do. I assume Roon team can enlighten us here.

3 Likes