ARC Album Shuffle

I can’t find an “Album shuffle” option in ARC. Is there one? I listen to a lot of classical music & opera. As you can imagine, shuffling tracks in that lot results in some very undesirable listening experiences. (Obviously, an album shuffle option would need to take multi-disc albums into consideration.)

1 Like

No there isn’t.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean by album shuffle precisely but the new ARC shuffle options were listed in the release notes of the related version

It currently plays a track at a time instead of an album at a time.

A definite feature request then.

It’s already a feature request for the main client possibly add an ARC rider.
Search for album shuffle.

1 Like

Ah, so it should shuffle whole albums. Like @ged_hickman1 said in this case

Yes. I personally dislike Playlists & tracks changing all the time. I prefer to listen to whole albums (or operas or whatever).

As it stands, I have a 512gb phone that will take a lot of music & it’s fun to sit & create a queue of however many albums it will take to cover a journey before I set off.

However, when time is short - or even just as a surprise - it could be fun to go into my downloads, pick the first album & proceed with album shuffle so that it only plays albums from downloads but in a random order.

I’ll never understand this, but I support that you get this feature :wink:

1 Like

That’s the spirit!!

I believe that album shuffle is an essential feature for any music player, not only for people who listen classical music and opera (agree 100% with the original post) but also for those of us who want to listen to albums as a whole and as the artists almost certainly intended.

The omission of an album shuffle feature is inexplicable in any service or product that claims to be for music lovers.

1 Like

Well said.

And welcome.