Arc App Not Starting on Xiaomi 13 Android Phone (ref#6C88BM)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· I can't log into ARC but I can log into Roon

Describe the issue

I have an Android phone (Xiaomi 13) and Arc simply does not start. I just get a black screen and nothing else - even after waiting up to a minute. On my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy with LineageOS) it worked so my server setup is probably OK.

From the server side everything seems to be OK and my iPad connects - albeit from the same WiFi (I have no other option for the iPad)

Hi @Elmar_Heimes,

Thank you for the report. We haven’t yet tested ARC on the MIUI 14 operating system running above Android on this phone - please allow me to sync with our Product and QA teams on the current status of support.

Thanks Connor.
There is no hurry from my side: In the meantime I found out that it works from my wife’s phone and that is good enough for the moment.
Of course I would still be interested in a solution for myself … :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi there, for me ARC runs fine on iOS devices. But on a Samsung S20+, I get the error message that “Roon Server cannot connect with this version of ARC. Please update your Roon Server to reconnect.”
Of course this is incorrect, I have the latest version.

@Germano_Stein - the best course of action is always to open your own Support request and describe your setup in detail if you want help.

You may have a similar symptom, but not necessarily the same cause as the original poster - your system setup may be different, that’s why the general rule is to always first open your own request. Let the Support team merge threads if they find common causes.

1 Like

Hi @Elmar_Heimes,

At your convenience, would you be able to reproduce the failed startup with ARC and then provide a set of Android system-level (ADB) logs for our QA team? This would greatly expedite our investigation. Here are more specific instructions:

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Hi @connor ,
thanks for your answer.
It seems, however, that you overestimated my technical abilities …
I got so far as obtaining developer status on my phone and starting adb shell on the pc.

Then I stalled on the logcat part - my pc does not find this command and the webpage

is way too technical for me.

I got the following response from my pc:
logcat : Die Benennung “logcat” wurde nicht als Name eines Cmdlet, einer Funktion, einer Skriptdatei oder eines ausführbaren Programms erkannt. Überprüfen Sie die Schreibweise des Namens, oder ob der Pfad korrekt ist (sofern enthalten), und wiederholen Sie den Vorgang.
In Zeile:1 Zeichen:1

• logcat v
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (logcat:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Can you explain in layman’s terms how I can go on?

Best regards!