ARC can't connect to my Core

Hello all,

I’ve tried in every way to configure my router so that ARC works, I’m not an expert in networks so maybe the difficulty. I don’t know how to configure static IP, Forwrding Port etc.
When I tried to do that I lost the connection with Nucleus but I managed to recover. Can anyone decipher the error message I get and help me. NOTE: When the Core is in my Imac and the router is in Bridge Mode all is working.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 177.aaa.bbb.ccc:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”} ,
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“177.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.1.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Many thanks

@actonelli, you have two internal separate LANs running, with two separate subnets. ARC works across only one subnet. Your AirPort Time Capsule is creating a 192.168.0.xxx subnet and your Airport Extreme is creating a 10.0.1.xxx subnet. Is it possible to use the AirPort Express in the “Extend network” mode in place of it being a completely new network?

If so, then we will need some additional information also:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

If you are not seeing Ready listed in Roon Settings -> Roon ARC, please look over this guide before proceeding.

If you have reviewed this guide and still have not resolved the issue, can you provide the following details about your network setup to help expedite troubleshooting?

1. Who is your internet service provider?
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
  5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?
  6. Are there any specific error codes displayed in the Roon Settings → Roon ARC tab? If so, can you post the error here?

Thanks!

Thank you Robert for your reply. Following the information:

@actonelli, you have two internal separate LANs running, with two separate subnets. ARC works across only one subnet. Your AirPort Time Capsule is creating a 192.168.0.xxx subnet and your Airport Extreme is creating a 10.0.1.xxx subnet. Is it possible to use the AirPort Express in the “Extend network” mode in place of it being a completely new network?

I eliminate the Airport Express now I’m working only with the Time Capsule

Roon Core Machine
Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Nucleus Plus with extra SSD / OSX Catalina / iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 / 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 / Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Router CG3000 Docsis 3.1 Rev 1.2A / Apple Time Machine / Switches: HPE Pfficce Connect 1420 Series JH329A / ETHERNET CONNECTION

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

AURALIC VEGA G1 DAC . HEGEL H190 AMPLIFIER and some end points like Bluesound

Number of Trackings:

Description of Issue:

MY ROUTER MENU:

MANY THANKS!!!

I did some reseach online about the Time Capsule, and Apple does not support UPnP, so port forwarding is your only option. You will need to create the same port forwarding rule on both your Time Capsule, pointing to your Roon Core Nucleus Plus, and the the VIAVI CG3000 router, pointing to your Time Capsule.

I found this link on the Apple support site on how to configure port forwarding on the Time Capsule:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3415

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the VIAVI CG3000 router/modem, but searching online it appears that the CG3000 manual does show it supports port forwarding.

Roon also has this ARC Port Forwarding help guide available:

Hello all!
Thanks for the reply, from what I understand I will have to create a forwarding port on the Time capsule directed to Nucleus and then another on the router directed to the Time capsule. One question: Does Nucleus need to have a static IP? Is the Time Capsule still on DHCP/NAT for all of this to work? Should the Router be in Bridge Mode? Below are some images where I should make the settings, someone could help me, it’s very difficult.
Thanks

@actonelli, I moved this to the Port Forwarding support section where hopefully others with experience using the Apple router and CG3000 interfaces can assist. I do not have a Time Capsule and I use a fiber connection with a differenct provider and gateway here in the US.

Hey @actonelli,

To what @Robert_F mentioned, it looks like you’re still hitting a double-nat situation.

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 3.54.13 PM

The gateway/modem you referenced, is that a netgear modem/router combo, or a century link model? Putting that device into bridge mode is the next step in this case :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.