Arc Corrupt Downloads [Ticket In]

Hi, after latest update from few days ago, I still have same issue on iOS devices with ARC. Downloads corrupt, not downloading is fine and playing from Roon itself is fine. Can priority of this issue be raised as it takes away a huge benefit from ARC.

Hey @Pascal_Coumans,

I’ve split of your reply as it sounds like a different issue, and to make sure it receives proper attention. Please fill out the necessary system info below:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon Core Machine: Intel NUC OS Version 1.0 (build 254) production, Roon Server Version 2.0 (build 1169) production
Network: Orbi Netgear RBR850 with 3 satellites
Audio devices: B&W Formation (Bar, Bas, 4 x Flex), Naim Muso + Muso Qb. Use iPhone 13 Pro Max as remote and with ARC (v1.027, build 92).
Library 30868 tracks.

Issue: downloading playlist with local files results in multiple (ca 30%) corrupt media so offline is not working. Since the first version of ARC I’m having trouble. Playing through Roon itself is no issue at all.

Hi, I found out that it has to do with 24bit FLAC. When I split the list then 16 bit FLAC is fine, 24 bit FLAC is corrupt. Both play fine from within Roon itself, only ARC download is the issue. NOTE: playing from ARC without download is NOT an issue, they just play.

Hey @Pascal_Coumans,

Thanks for the additional info!

If possible, could you please upload a few of the tracks in question here : https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/nqcgjac23027d90a441bda2c314de49d7958a/external

Hi Ben, I’ve uploaded 3 files. They are 24 bit, 48khz. I’ve tested myself and I think has to do with 48khz. 44.1 kHz downloading okay in ARC. All files playing well in Roon itself.

Thank you for that @Pascal_Coumans! We’ve been able to reproduce this on our end, and have made a ticket to add to the development queue.

I don’t have a workaround at this time, other than converting the file type of your tracks. I will keep you updated with any progress we make on this issue :+1:

1 Like

Hello @benjamin,
I have uploaded a 1 minute test recording, which playes in Roon, but not with Roon ARC.
Recorded from
https://st03.sslstream.dlf.de/dlf/03/high/aac/stream.aac
than patched with
ffmpeg -i filename.aac -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -codec: copy filename.m4a
to make it compatible with Roon.

Thanks for digging into this issue.
/Christoph

Thanks for this @Christoph_Schwartze! As I mentioned above, we’ve been able to reproduce this on our end and will get to work on a fix. I’ve merged your thread with this one for better tracking and updates :+1:

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

ROCK Version 1.0 (build 254) production
Intel NUC 8i3BEH, 8GB RAM.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Orbi

Connected Audio Devices

Apple iPad Air running iPadOS 16.1 and Roon ARC 1.0.27 Build 92

Google Pixel 6A running Android 13 (November 5, 2022 security update) and Roon ARC 1.0.27 Build 92

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am able to play any local album in my library from ARC on my iPad. However, if I download any album and play from the downloaded version I get a red banner with the message “Corrupt Media” and nothing plays. If I remove the album from downloads (so I’m playing the album directly from my library), it plays ok again.

If I try the same scenario on Android, on my Google Pixel 6A, then the downloaded album plays successfully (as expected).

The same behaviour is observed on any downloadable album I choose in my library.

Hi, after latest update from few days ago, I still have same issue on iOS devices (iPhones) with ARC. Downloads corrupt, not downloading plays fine and playing from Roon itself is fine. Can priority of this issue be raised as it takes away a huge benefit from ARC.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Pascal_Coumans,

Are you still experiencing issues with corrupt downloads on iOS? We’ve merged several fixes for issues that resulted in this error message and want to reach out to affected users.

Hi Connor, I converted all my 48k effected local music to 44.1 which worked around the issue. Don’t think I have any 48k lying around, so cannot reproduce anymore. What I am sure of is that it was 48k related. Hope you can fix for others and me in future in case I might have some other 48k.

Renards, Pascal.