Arc Crashing In Car

Seems like the last update also brought a new bug where if I open the app when getting in the car and I want to press play at the bottom of the screen, the app will crash. I can reopen but it might crash again. It seems like force quitting or clicking the song at the bottom and then bringing up full screen now playing and pressing play works.

Hopefully I am clear enough

Hey @Francis_Vermette,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I’ve split your reply off to a new thread as it’s a different issue, and each issue needs to be separated for clarity and to ensure it receives proper attention.

With that, can you please fill out the necessary system information below:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

–

Lastly, please update Arc to the newest build and let me know if you run into the same issue. If you could please reproduce this issue and take note of the date and time the crashing occurs and share that information here, that would be helpful :pray:

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply.

Roon Core : Ryzen 7 5800X, 32gb ram, AMD 6600 XT video card. Windows 11 pro
Network : router is provided by Bell ( home hub 3000) computer is wired.
Devices connected : SimAudio Moon 390P - Roon ARC on the go on Iphone X with latest iOS
Tracks : about 27-30k (Tidal Not included)

I have update ARC this afternoon and the issue did not happen when I got in the car. I’ll keep you posted in the coming days if it happens again.
Thanks for the follow up!

1 Like

Had the crash happen this morning at 9:23

Hey @Francis_Vermette,

Thanks for that information. After digging into your account a bit more, I’m seeing a large number of critical errors associated with failing to initialize your android USB output.

Can you break down more information about how you’re trying to play Arc in the car? Are you able to stream audio from Arc at all while in your car?

I am playing it through usb.
Plug phone in (iPhone X on latest iOS)
My car is a Subaru Outback 2022 with the higher end infotainment.

So just getting in my car, plugging the phone and trying to start music and that’s when it would crash

But if I close and restart the app, it streams just fine

Had the issue again this morning, but I am not sure the exact time. I think it was 8:53 on December 20th

My Roon ARC crashes the first time I open it and press play. That happens almost every time.

Hey @Francis_Vermette,

While we continue to investigate this issue over the holiday, can you please test out a different USB cable and see if the same issue occurs?

With that, do you know if there are any updates needed to your vehicle’s software?

Thanks!

I have tried 2 cables. I had an anker and now using a new Apple one.
I have had the issue a few more times since, is it worth it for me to post every time?

I have made sure my software is up to date in the car also. Last update was about a month ago and they are all done via usb and not wifi.

Thanks!

Hey @Francis_Vermette,

No need to post every time it crashes. What are the memory and RAM looking like on your iPhone? How big is your Arc library?

With that, we’ll need some more information about your process prior to the crash:

• What are you doing specifically when you get in the car? Are you completely turning your car on before connecting?
  • Are you able to provide more information about what your car audio system looks like? Are you using any DAC’s or Preamps?

Try manually turning off wifi in your house and let your phone connect to your mobile data prior to getting into your car and see if the crash still occurs :+1:

1 Like

Not sure where to find RAM usage on an iphone but I do have 123GB free out of 256.

I usually just get in the car and plug the phone and start the car. Perhaps it’s the sequence or timing of plugging the phone in while the infotainment is booting up.
I have a 2022 Subaru Outback with the “high end” audio. Can’t tell you much more other than I have also made all the updates available for that too.

With that, I have to say I have not had this particular issue since the last ARC update

2 Likes

Hey @Francis_Vermette,

Thanks for the information! I’ll keep this thread open in case you experience it again. We’re also working hard around better functionality and stability with using Arc in the car, so I’m confident things will continue to improve as new builds get released :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.