ARC doesn't work using CarPlay

I have the latest software on the iPhone, Mac which runs Roon, Roon on Mac and iPhone, 5G on iPhone, 1.2Gb internet speed into home. ARC comes up with the initial screen but get the error poor connection or internal playback error. I can use Tidal in the car on CarPlay with no issues. When I test ARC in the Roon app on the Mac, it comes back as Ready. What should I look at to get this fixed?

Post in the support area and fill in the template.

Hi @maximasr,

I see that you’d posted in the Carplay feedback thread here: Roon ARC + Carplay: Share your thoughts and road listening adventures here! - #154 by maximasr

However, the tech support team wanted to confirm directly that ARC was working with CarPlay at this point on the latest build. Are you still encountering poor connection errors on cellular data even with strong signal? We’re here to troubleshoot if so.

It plays randomly. Some days plays with no problems and other days driving the same route, I get a poor connection msg. I have a good 5G signal most of the time on my iPhone 14 pro max

Hi @maximasr,

What is your home network configuration? Specifically, is your Core hardwired via ethernet to the upstream router, or are you connecting via WiFi?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.