Number of Tracks in Library

4 full albums:
Led Zeppelin - III
Disney after Dark - No Fuel left for the Pilgrims
Junipher Greene - Friendship
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Description of Issue

Does not play while offline.

Update: Plays when within radio range, however stops when outside radio range even though already started playing while within radio range. What is this terror? Not sure what the purpose of download is unless I can play on an 18 hour flight.

1 Like

Roon Arc can be very frustrating to the extent of being useless. Facing a 22 hour flight, I downloaded a heap of music to ARC only to find that I could not access it and I was been asked to log on again.

I finally arrived home today and was able to re-establish connection between Roon ARC and my core. The downloads had gone completely.

Why do I (or Roon) bother with a product that keeps on failing to meet its specifications.

The same goes for a 5 day walk in the bush, walking across PNG I would have to choose something different. Roon ARC will not come along on a bush walk. Hence the need for one more such system?!? That’s just stupid. I better write my own.

Here in Norway Roon ARC only works on the motorways( E18 and such ) not through tunnels though, due to the lack of radio range.

The new EA version is a huge improvement in caching and stability, it continued to play Qobuz for 30 minutes on the London underground which has never happened before.

If I am going offline for a long time I usually have several hundred albums downloaded and go into offline mode (though no offline albums at the moment for better testing).

But PlexAmp is still way ahead in this area, but I am grateful for this latest update no longer crashing my Core and causing chaos.

1 Like

Where do you get this version?

You have to join early access and update your server’s and clients on the play store and app store as well.
If all goes well with the latest test version (and it appears to be fore and others) they will probably push it out to the normal channel in the next week or two.

If you don’t want some potential issues I would wait for this and from the changes for me it had definitely been worth waiting for, at least from a stability point of view.

This must be some sort of oxymoron, no? Did you try the current version?

1 Like

Sorry for any confusion.
The production version was a previous Early Access version and it was bad for my setup and many others.

The new EA version is usually rolled out a couple of weeks before going to production so if you can wait then that will be good as there have been issues with some EA versions and some of those have made it to production. You may or may not want to join the EA program.
If you do want to join EA then you have to enroll your whole system and not just your mobile device.

2 weeks and counting

Note: I’m on WiFi, it does not take 2 weeks to download 4 albums, something is rotten in Denmark.

Hi @Gjermund_Thorsen,

If you’re still experiencing playback failures with offline content in ARC, please let us know an approximate timestamp and we’d be happy to investigate diagnostics for a precise logging of the failure.

That said, I have two contextual recommendations and an update on downloaded content in ARC more generally:

1. In response to your update here:

This usually indicates that ARC is attempting to play the ‘online’ version of the local track via your RoonServer, rather than the downloaded local object. I recommend reinstalling the app to refresh conditions and sever any cached data.

Out of curiosity, what is your router setup, and are you using any proxies or VPNs? Your screenshot suggests Telia Norway is your cellular provider, and they’ve been known to impose filtering and carrier-grade NAT on certain account tiers that might be in play here.

1. Are you able to upload a copy of an affected local album here at this uploader link for our QA team?
  1. The ARC team is putting significant work into overhauling and improving download stability. You should see improvements in this experience in the near future. We’ll keep an eye out for your post in the meantime.

This is an all new install, only 4 albums are on the phone for now.

1. Upload what? From where? The actual FLAC?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.