Arc is suffering from poor connection errors

I get this a lot on a number of different Android devices.
The only reliable fix I have found is to uninstall and reinstall Roon Arc.
I have to do this every few weeks.
I hope a fix can be found soon.

3 Likes

Hey @Roger567,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for writing in! Could you please fill out the necessary system info below? With that, could you also share a more specific date and time the next time you run into a ‘poor connection’ error in Arc? Thanks!

How long would you say you’ve experienced this poor connection issue for?

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

@benjamin, just in case this isn’t well known: This “poor connection” (including on wifi) that disappears (at least temporarily) with a reset or sometimes reinstall happens all the time, repeatedly for some users. I answer one every day it seems (reset or reinstall…). Just a few hours ago another one here.

Edit: I see it’s being tracked here

1 Like

Hi Ben,
The last time was Saturday 17 June about 2:30pm.
Not sure what you are planning to do with the time :slight_smile:
Both main devices had Roon Arc reinstalled on Saturday and are still working since then.

I think I first installed Arc about 8 months ago, so periodically (about once a month) since then.
I don’t really use Arc because it is too unreliable - I have the original Roon remote app on both devices and SD cards for when I am away from home. These work well.

I just try Arc periodically to see if it is working better yet.
The main thing I would like is to be notified when a usable release of Arc is available.

On your other questions:

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC i5-8259U 8GB RAM Windows 10

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Core: Ethernet 1GBE to Netgear MS510TXUP switch to Centro Business 2 router.
Devices: Wifi 5GHz to Netgear Orbi AX6000 to Centro Bus 2

Connected Audio Devices

Sony NW-A306 & Samsung Note 20 Ultra

Number of Tracks in Library

33,226 tracks

Description of Issue

Periodically Roon Arc stops working gives error message suffering from wifi poor connection until it is uninstalled and reinstalled.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. Happens both on Android and iPhone.

1 Like

Same problem for me. IPhone and android alike.

1 Like

This is been happening to me since I try the app for the first time. Ive done all the updates up to to day but the problem remain. I have to uninstall and install the app on my iPhone everyday other week. After I uninstall and install it works for a couple of days fine and then the same thing and also I uninstall and install my Roon core at home running on a Mac mini as well.

1 Like

Please add my name to the list of folks that this is happening to. As a result, I don’t even bother trying to stream my Qobuz albums anymore, I only listen to my local files when I’m out and about.

1 Like

Add me to list too. I’ve done the Arc Reset, etc. But after a handful of songs I get the ‘Poor Connection’ error. The least painful thing is to close & restart the Roon core but obviously that can’t be done when you’re remote from the core. I’ve tested it at home where I can restart the core but again, it’s a handful of songs & then the ‘poor connection’ error.

1 Like

Hi All!

I wanted to follow up on this thread to notify everyone that we have released a potential fix to this issue in our Early Access build. If you’re interested in giving this a try, you can learn more below:

Thanks! :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.