ARC not appearing in Android Auto

I suspect the first thing is to solve why you don’t have ARC appearing on your phone.

2 Likes

Solution Found:-

→ Settings
→ Connected Devices
→ Connection Preferences
→ Android Auto
→ Version - hit this 10 times to enable ‘Developer settings’
Select the 3-dots-menu @ top right & click ‘Developer Settings’
Scroll down & enable ‘Unknown sources’
Go back to Android Auto settings & select Versions
You should see - under ‘Version and permission info’ - Roon ARC: 1.0.33
Go back to Android Auto settings
→ Customise Launcher
Enable ‘Roon ARC’

And now it should work.

Not sure why I had to solve this myself, rather than an App / Software Developer…
…and am also not sure why it’s necessary to enable ‘Developer Settings’ to make it work.

3 Likes

Maybe because you installed manually from an APK, going around the Play Store

Nope.

I’ve tried both the ‘normal user’ (Play Store) route, and the earlyaccess / .apk route - for the complete ‘chain’ of compatible / related Apps.

Neither worked.

Anyway, it’s fixed now.

OK, I must have misunderstood because the last post mentioning installation seemed to refer to the APK

It did refer to an .apk installation, but if you read the thread from the start, I’ve already tried every other combination of download & installation.

Plus, if an installation via an .apk requires enabling the ‘unknown sources’ option in Android Auto via a set of secret button-presses & sub-menus, then that should also have been clearly communicated right from the start…

OK, I missed that. I did say “maybe”. I am doing my best here on the forum but am not legally required to research, understand, and solve every single issue :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.