ARC Offline listening makes Roon Server crash

Roon Core Machine

NUC8i5BEH, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 Professional, Roon 2.0 (latest build) stable (64 bit), Roon library on a seperate internal SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Core: Ethernet
Smartphone: iPhone 13, running Roon ARC 1.0 (150)

Connected Audio Devices

Bose QC45

Description of Issue

Whenever I put Roon ARC in Offline mode, do some offline listening, return home and turn off Offline mode, Roon tries to sync my listens. It manages to scrobble my plays, but then hangs upon syncing the plays to the Roon library. The plays show up, then Roon starts timing out, unable to load any page (History, Albums, Artists, etc.). I have to restart Roon Server (so reboot my NUC) to be able to use Roon again. Upon reboot, 90-95% of the recent plays are gone again. Seems like some sort of syncing issue.

Since I first reported this, I’ve switched from an Android to iPhone, but the issue remains.
See previous post

I’ve switchd to a new router and all my devices are connected straight to the same router now. No issues whenever I keep my Roon Server running. When I do offline listening in ARC when the Roon Server is turned off, return home, turn on Roon Server, and switch back to online mode, Roon Server will crash. This definitely seems like a bug to me now.

@connor: could you look at my logs and see whether any networking issues show up, as seemed to be the case in the past? Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.