ARC on Fiio M11 plus refuses to connect to core [Roon Investigating]

I saw the poor connection error. I’ve only seen it once and that was immediately before my post. I’ve used all public release versions of ARC.

I’m not having issues right now. I’m on my LAN. I’m concurrently using ARC on an iPhone, a FiiO M11, an iBasso DX320. All working fine. Wish I had a more reliable repro for you.

Understood, thank you for your replies!

Ivan

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

We’ve merged these threads to keep all affected users updated in a single place. There’s an active investigation into performance issues with Fiio devices. Either QA or tech support will continue to post updates here as the ticket moves through the pipeline. Hopefully, we’ll have this resolved shortly. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

3 Likes

Hi @connor
Any news here? Still having issues.

1 Like

@connor - Has this issue been fixed in the latest update (31.01.2023)?

Torben

Hi @Torben_Rick, @Terje_Berg,

Out of curiosity, had you restored a Backup recently when you first encountered this problem? If so, try refreshing your Roon database:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” or “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old” OR the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon database
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

I bought a Fiio M11 Plus yesterday (to replace my A&K SR25mkii because I want to use Roon Arc and A&K won’t allow Roon Arc to be loaded.)

Just hit this same issue - iPhone running room Arc perfectly on home network and when away - sitting side by side it Roon Arc on Fiio won’t play anything, neither on home network or away.

Seems like the same issue being investigated here.

Wish I had read this post before buying the M11 Plus yesterday.

Any updates?

It works fine for me now connects fine.

I’m away from home this weekend. Arc could connect just fine to back home.

I’m away for work this week, will try again.

I have an M11 Plus. I posted on this thread in January that I was experiencing ARC issues on the M11 Plus - @Simon_Arnold3 and I wondered at the time if the issues might be caused by having multiple devices using ARC concurrently.

I don’t know what changed but ARC has worked fine for me for months now. I suspect Roon fixed the issue but I can’t point to a date or a build.

Using my DAP, I just tried ARC on my LAN, and it worked fine. I tried it through my iPhone’s hotspot, and it also worked fine.

@Aidan_Keough - if you still experience issues when you’re back at home, folks here (Roon and community) can help you explore and hopefully figure out what’s going.

I changed my modem recently and had not used
Arc on the M11 since before this. I did have to reset it to connect but it reconnected ok. My IP likely changed with the modem change and Android perhaps caches this in someway as my iOS app worked without having to do this. Perhaps Android app has some issues with dynamic IPs which a lot of isp do use.