ROCK, 7i7, 16GB Ram, SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi router, switches and aps

Connected Audio Devices

ARC on Fiio M11

Number of Tracks in Library

N/A

Description of Issue

HI @support ARC refuses to connect to my core for longer than a few seconds when installed on Fiio M11 Plus Android 10 DAP. No reason why as it works fine on my iPhone just here its decided to play up. i inittially get your core is only avialble on local network then it drops off connects and keeps disconnecting and going through the same thing, ARC is fully open and works with my iphone so this is not correct. The Fiio is on same wireless network and ap as my iphone and core so this isnt even out of home. Reset ARC app, reinstalled ARC app, reset port, rebooted core, rebooted DAP.

Can we look to pull some logs and work out why please, you willl need to DM me to get email for my account as ita not same as my forum one.

To note the Roon Ready feaure jusat added to these works with no issues at all.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

We have your Roon account email on file, no worries. Logs show several issues:

1. Timeouts in Roon Core logs (ROCK) and ARC logs associated with cached Qobuz/Tidal content. These continue up to the present. This is likely evidence of something you’re already aware of, based on your post here: Qobuz gapless playback gone [Ticket In] - #201 by CrystalGipsy. As you can see, we’re working on a fix and should have this resolved. In the meantime, I recommend refreshing your database, if you haven’t recently:
  • Stop RoonServer from running in ROCK’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your ROCK’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Roon database folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database
  1. Recent activity on your iPhone in ARC. Some of this is worth investigating separately, as there appears to be significant memory pressure on the iPhone while ARC is operating. Do you have multiple other apps open, or a large volume of downloaded content stored, while operating ARC?

2. Since the iPhone was connected recently, it’s automatically deleted logging from the Android device for the original period of your report. Are you able to test the FiiO phone again with ARC, both on your network and using the port forwarded cellular connection, so we can more precisely diagnose?

Thanks, @CrystalGipsy. We’ll be standing by.

Hi Connor will try the database thing will this require a restore ?

The iPhone is used a lot it’s my main device so yet I will have other apps open I don’t tend to close them all the time. But they are mainly chrome or safari. I do notice that Roon remote does need to restart itself but arcs not been an issue.

I do have ARC downloads but I would not say a lot 25 albums. I don’t have any issues with the iPhone and arc only the slow downloads which is known and has corrupted downloads previously. Used it all day at work without any issues.

The Fiio I have since posting managed to get connected and it’s stayed connected since and seems to play ok now. It’s not a phone it’s a dap so has no cellular I was using it on Wi-Fi at home at the time, but will be using it tethered to my phone to use it out and about.

1 Like

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Thanks for circling back and for the clarification.

The best course of action, if you don’t want to perform a restore, would be to wait until we’ve resolved the ticket related to caching and streaming content that is triggering some of these errors and warnings in logs. There will be stability improvements to DAP support in ARC, as well as some changes regarding how ARC connects to the Core. These should improve your experience overall,

Roon (Core) logs do show that the connection to the FiiO, when used as a networked endpoint from a Roon Remote, is stable. If it’s also performing well with ARC in the meantime, we’ll go ahead and mark this solved. I’ll keep the thread open for a few weeks just in case performance changes or the next release in the regular cycle doesn’t improve things.

Thanks again @CrystalGipsy. We’ll once again keep an eye out for your response.

I’ll wait as I don’t want to do a restore at this point. Will let you know if anything else crops up.

1 Like

@connor having arc issues again it was refusing to play anything. I reset then it would not connect again and doing same thing as last time connect and then disconnect says it’s not available outside my network but I am in my network. iPhone works no issues.

Updates to latest build would not find core at all. Restarted M11 and then it connected but now stuck at whos listening today and won’t get passed this. Closed and restarted the app and then it worked. Why is it so problematic on Android?

Also this is another fiio user same sort of issues.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/arc-loosing-connection-to-roon-core-with-fiio-m17/230916

I have my Fiio M17 with Roon ARC side by side with the iPhone 14Pro Max. And the Fiio is getting strange “poor connection” and “Not able to connect to Roon Core” messages all the time. On the iPhone everything works fine. Everything is up to date.

I have tried to force quit the application, delete and reinstall but it doesn´t work.

I had the same issue with my m11 iPhone working fine but constant connection issues with arc. It eventually worked after I deleted it, rebooted and reinstalled it.

But trying it now it’s not playing a single file

Just reset the app and it won’t connect again.

All the same problems I have. Maybe this is a ROON issue?

Are you encountering issues on the same LAN as your core, from networks outside the LAN, or both?

Both. Where im connected have no input on the issue

I’m at Home it’s working again now after a reset of the app and reboot of the M11 and several arc restarts but it does seem flakey on Android for some reason. No issues with my iPhone at home or out and about. There are cloudflare cdn issue today which Roon uses maybe a possible cause for the connection but doesn’t explain why iPhone on same network worked no issues. I have a ticket in which I just updated with todays blip.

I was going to say that it’s working for me but it’s actually inconsistent on my LAN. I currently have an M11 and an M17. ARC on the M11 is currently working fine. The M17 won’t play at all. Both are on the latest Google Play Store version of ARC (released today) and my core is on 1193 (today).

I tried again this morning, and it just “buffering” before it says “Poor Connection” - The same Roon Core is working on my iPhone on 4/5G/Wifi and in my Car (Apple CarPlay - But same thing, streaming from my phone).

It must be some issues with the Android version of the software. Hope the dev at Roon can help us.

Thanks!

moved this to support. @support @connor another Fiio user with same issues as me.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your reports! We are investigating this issue at the moment.

@gTunes, could you, please, tell if you are getting the “Poor Connection” error like it was described by @Terje_Berg and @CrystalGipsy or only playback errors when trying to play tracks?

Also another quick question, have you seen this problem on previous build?

Thanks!

–
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ivan
I am 100% new to the Roon system.

It was happening on the build prior to yesterdays release for myself on the M11 Plus.