iPhone 13Pro iOS 16.2 128GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Modem/Router - ATT Model BGW320-505
Ethernet Switch - Pakedge SE-8-EP

Connected Audio Devices

N/A

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

NOTE: I know that another user (KGLT_Radio) posted a similar issue and was able to resolve it but I don’t have the same environment or level of expertise.

I have attempted to connect/sync to two devices but Roon ARC only works (connects/syncs) with the iPhone 10 above. The other device (iPhone 13 Pro) is able to find the core (Nucleus+ ‘online and ready’) upon login, however all attempts to connect result in it spinning for 2-3 minutes before returning a "Retry [button] with the “To Connect, make sure your Roon Core is turned on and configured for remote access” message. ARC then automatically rescans and finds core giving the "online and Ready message.

The Nucleus+ has undergone several restarts. The mobile devices have had the ARC application deleted and reinstalled many times.

Both iPhones are connected to the same WIFI network. The iPhone 10 that connects is using NordVPN (imagine that) but the iPhone 13Pro that cannot connect is not using VPN.

I tried connecting using cellular data and got the same results as above. (iPhone 10 connects, iPhone 13 doesn’t)

Can anyone help get both iPhones ARC apps to connect successfully?

Thanks!

How many times have you submitted a ticket or called support only to have the issues suddenly resolve itself? You may be thinking “user error” or something to that effect but within a couple of hours of submitting the ticket, the iPhone 13 Pro connected on it’s own (no action taken on my part).

Closing the ticket

I’m glad to hear that your problem resolved but I feel there’s still an issue here. You might recall that in my own case the iPhone8 took maybe eight attempts before it connected (and this was after a full database rebuild). I’m pretty sure this has been noted by the development team and I’m confident they are working on it.

That said, I suppose the moral of the story is, “Keep trying.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.