ARC playback issue

Networking Gear & Setup Details

QNAP HS-453DX as Roon Core → 10GbE Ethernet-> Asus AX-89X -1Gbs fiber Internet connection

Connected Audio Devices

Samsung Galaxy S20, Android 13, latest Roon ARC (1.0.33)

Number of Tracks in Library

13,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I have started using Roon ARC from it’s launch and generally love it, but unfortunately there are playback/stability issues that makes it sometimes a horrible experience to use.
Sporadically, maybe due to poor cellular connection, the playback will stop, then it will never resume even when the reception improves, usually getting a playback error or just endless “loading circle”.
This is when the issue begins, and from this points it only gets worse.

As a workaround, I try to force close the app and then it spirals into a painful loop where it will launch and then simply freeze at startup, almost freezing the entire phone.
After a few of these cycles it seems to sort itself out and then usually playback can be resumed.

This really distracts you from whatever activity you are doing and requires you to hassle the app for a few minutes to get it going again.

It happened to my a few times while cycling and after getting tired of trying to get this to work I simply continued w/o any music.

This issue was there from the start and I wish it could be resolved.
Let me know if any logs are needed or additional information to get this fixed.

Hi @Omer_Ytzhaki ,

Can you please confirm if the issue is still the same after updating to Roon build 1234? We corrected an issue in this area recently.

Hi @noris,
I haven’t tried the new Core build, just updated it.
It will probably take a while until I can try and see if the issue is still there.
I’ll report back once I have some feedback.

Thanks for not let this issue go unnoticed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.