Networking Gear & Setup Details
Router: Fritz!Box 4060
WAN connected
Internet, IPv4
FRITZ!Box uses a direct IP-connection with a internetprovider
IPv4-adres: 100.106.55.23
Internet, IPv6 not connected

USED DNS-servers
62.45.70.102 (Currently used for standard applications)

Number of Tracks in Library

110,486 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi, team Roon,

I had Roon Arc working up until October 2023 as far as I can recall. At some time it stopped working. Don’t no what caused it.

I don’t get Roon ARC running again ‚over the Internet in my network setup. I use the default port, 55000. First, I shared that port on my router manually. After that didn’t work, I followed these instructions: Port Forwarding Instructions for (Most) Fritz!Box Users 9. Listening Port 55000 appears automatically, but stil Roon Arc is not ready for use.

I restarted Rhein Z1 Plus
I restarted Roon server
I deactivated UPnP and reactivated it again.
I restarted de router.

Nothing seems to work.

I always get these diagnostics:

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“62.ddd.eee.fff”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“100.aaa.bbb.ccc”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Hopefully, you can make anything out of the diagnostics.

You have a multiple NAT situation where your router appears to be running UPnP is assigned with 192. Ip and Roon sees another 100. range ip device. Are you using two or more network devices ? A mesh system ?

This ip address is in the range reserved for CG-NAT so it looks like you will have to contact your ISP for a solution that offers the ability to use port forwarding.

Incidentally, it does not matter too much with the ip address above because it is in the CG-NAT range and thus does not uniquely identify you but it is generally not a good idea to publish your Internet facing ip address.

1 Like