ARC setup with UPC Cablecom Router and Orbi Mesh network

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

UPC Cablecom Connect Box Router (Switzerland)
Netgear Orb RBR850 Mesh network

All my roon endpoints are working fine connected over Ethernet or wifi to the mesh network.
On my router setup page, UPnP is enabled but when I run roon arc setup i get the following error:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“84.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“192.168.0.200”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

I have followed through the other help pages on this topic but have not been able to fix the issue.
I have done all the usual like updating everything to latest firmware versions, restarting and enabling „anywhere access“ on my mesh but no luck.

Could it be related to the fact that the modem is in router mode and the mesh is setup seperately so i have two separate network names, the original router one (that nothing is connected to) and the mesh one that my nucleus and all endpoints are connected to)?

Also, I tried setting up port forwarding but your first instruction talks about adding my roon core IP but the router setup only allows something starting 192.168.0.x

But my nucleus is setup on 192.168.1.x and I haven‘t been able to change it, so I’m not sure what I would enter into these fields in order to get it to work?

@john_taylor1, as you have two routers in your network, both set to act as routers, you need to create a set of port forwarding rules, using the port number found in the Settings → Roon ARC tab, using the following approach:

1. On the Cablecom router, create a TCP port forward rule using the ARC port number, with the rule forwarded to the IP address of your Orbi router
  2. On the Orbi router, create a TCP port forward rule using the ARC port number, with the rule forwarded to the IP address of your Nucleus.

An alternative would be to place the Cablecom router in bridge mode and have all routing performed by your Orbi mesh system, or a second alternative would be to set your Orbi mesh to bridge or AP mode and have all routing performed by the Cablecom router.

1 Like

I have had issues in a similar setup and found (for reasons unknown) the second alternative worked flawlessly, not the case the other way around though.

Robert, thanks a million!
I just got the double port forwarding method to work. I never would have figured this out without your help.

One quick further question, in the ARC app, is there a way to select multiple tags and have the result show tag a AND tag b, rather than tag a OR tag b? So that when i select my custom „10“ and „2022“ tags, it shows me my best rated 2022 albums rather than every single 10 rated album from all time and every single 2022 album?

1 Like

@john_taylor1, glad to hear you have ARC working. I will have to let others address your ARC tag question as I do not use them very much within Roon.

Hi @john_taylor1,

In ARC i click on My Library (bottom right icon). Then i click on Albums and after that, i click on the tag symbol, in the popup, i can click multiple tags and all the albums are shown in the result.

Regards,

Maarten.

Hi @Maarten_Duits when I do this, it shows me every single album with either label, not the subset that has both. That it also how it works in roon proper.
I don’t really understand the logic behind showing all of label a and label b rather than any album that has both labels.
It’s a bit like searching for “books” and “dracula” on Amazon and rather then getting 50 hits of dracula related books, you get millions of hits including every ‘book’ ever written and every dracula related toy, film, t-shirt etc

Hi @john_taylor1,

Ahhh, i get it. Sorry for the wrong answer. I don’t use much tags and i don’t have albums with 2 tags.

Regards,

Maarten.

no worries thanks anyway

Hi John,

The answer to this has not changed since you asked pretty much the same question in 2021.

If you want a workaround you might investigate this:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.