ARC Skipping Tracks After Pause/Play on Pixel 8 Pro (ref#U23CV4)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

ARC is skipping tracks after pause\play. Hello! I use ARC on a Pixel 8 Pro. If I pause what I'm playing for a few minutes or a few hours and then I start playing again, most of the times ARC restart the track that it was playing, finish to play the track and then skips all the remaing tracks in the queue. I can see "xxx skipped items" in the queue.

Describe your network setup

Pixel 8 Pro with a TIM SIM card

Hi @Marco_De_Rosa1,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. I’d like to try to reproduce this issue. When this happens do you exit the app and come back to it, lock the screen, or anything else in between pausing and starting playback?

Hi Daniel!
Thanks for your answer.
I just pause the track. Then I use the phone or other apps or just put the phone to charge or lock the screen. Sometimes I quit ARC because it uses a lot of battery even when it’s not playing. When I go to ARC again and I start playing, the current track starts playing again. At the end of the track, not always but most of the times, all the following tracks are skipped.
Allow background usage for battery is on.
I don’t use smart download.
This happens with Qobuz track and local files
Best
Marco

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help in ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs? Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

It just happened. 11:33 AM Italian time, 2:33 AM Pacific time.

I suspect that it happens when there are bandwidth problems with the phone. When I leave home in the morning and turn on ARC I am always in an area where the phone has connection difficulties and therefore, probably, ARC tries to connect and then skips the following tracks.
However, I had difficulty replicating the problem outside of my usual behaviors, in areas that do not have 4G\5G connectivity problems.
This could be the explanation and therefore it is not ARC’s fault.

That’s certainly possible. Roon is very sensitive to packet loss. So unstable connections can mess things up. If you can’t reproduce the skipping issue in places with a stable internet connection that would indicate that it’s a connection issue.