ARC Won't Connect: VF DE Cable and FRITZ!Box 6660

Same here, even though I updated to ROCK os 258…

Vodafone Germany, Cable (the famous IPv6 issue)
Fritz Box 6660

{
“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“88.hhh.iii.jjj”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2a02:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.178.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Hi @Tom_Kramer

I’ll flag your post for the Moderators to create a separate thread as your issues is multiple nat but with IPv6.

Hope you don’t mind.

For your info though

1 Like

Thank you @AMT.

@Tom_Kramer, I moved your post to a new Support thread. The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  2. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Thanks for pickling up on this.

As to your questions: The router is not in Bridge mode, I only have the Fritz Box plus one Fritz mesh repeater.

Port was opened and the number matched Roon. I will try again, but yesterday, right after installing ROCK OS 258, it did not work.

Maybe one of the Fritz Box experts like @Suedkiez have an idea?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

In the protocol box, do you have the option to set it to both. Might be worth a shot.

Is this a manual entry for port forwarding or did UPnP set it up.

If manual entry disable UPnP. Might be worth a shot.

Also, try selecting both IPv4 & 6

In the Application drop down box, what other options does it show, if any?

One last thing, which I could have put further up the above list, check the port number on the Roon Arc settings page matches what’s in the screenshot. 55002

1 Like

Thanks!

Port 55002 matches with the App setting of course.

It is a manual setup. Changing to both does not bring a positive result either…

Pinging @Suedkiez :grin:

1 Like

Oh, just noticed in vova’s announcement of 258, that the release provides more connectivity for next Roon versions…

Seems that I should wait for the next Roon-Update then!?

1 Like

Yeah, Vodafone Germany uses DS Lite to provide IPv4 addresses, which cannot be port forwarded and lead to the Multiple NAT issue.

You can either call Vodafone and ask them to give you a real IPv4 address for port forwarding. This often works, but sometimes you may have to call more than once if you happen to get a clueless support person on the phone. And in some parts of the VF network it may not be possible.

Or you wait for the next Roon update with the IPv6 support.

3 Likes

Update is there since 1 hour!!

Now getting a checkmark for the first time in the Roon App settings for ARC… :+1:

so we seem to get there slowly…

However, ARC states after login with my credentials:

„Only available on your network

Your core isn‘t confgured for access outside of your network“

Maybe a wrong setting in the Fritz Box, @Suedkiez ?

Maybe ARC still needs IPv6 compatibility, so another update needed?

I’m sorry, I have no idea about this newfangled IPv6 stuff :slight_smile: I solved my problem by paying VF for a business contract with a static IPv4, so I couldn’t even test any of this in Early Access. I tried but it didn’t work at all. I suggest you open a new case in #support, surely the Roon support wants to get this working ASAP to get this annoying IP issue out of the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.