Arcam AVR31 to replace Yammy RX A8A

Have just bought an Arcam AVR31. Arcam are made with audio music first in mind. Another gut feeling buy. Not heard it. It will arrive next week.

Coincidently they too are now owned by the same people who now own Roon.

Surprisingly John is not at all concerned. He said well it will it last a long time. He is much more relaxed about spending. Me? I still manage to feel, guilty for spending but what is the poiunt of it sitting in the bank especially at our age? We have no debts we own our house.

That is Roon Ready. You can rid of the streamer you just bought since it is rrelevant now.

No it’s not redundant. The DAC is excellent. I don’t use it’s streaming capability.

I saved over £1000 by buying a new pair of IEMS (Fiio 14th anniversary ~Beryllium with diamonds) by buying direct from AliExpress instead of Amazon. I have bought loads from AliExpress and never had a problem. Reviews for these IEMs are excellent.

I keep reading this and keep wondering how the streamer/dac is irrelevant once the Arcam AVR31 is is situ. How would I get music to it? Apart from which I use the dac and ultra rendu (which still sounds better than the DAC without.) Just confused by your answer. What is it I don’t know?

The Arcam AVR31 is

• Its own reference DAC
  • Roon Ready

All you need to do is plug ethernet into the ARCAM and play directly to it from Roon, no other hardware needed.

Thank you. I am not exactly a tech whizz so this doesn’t make much sense to me. How would my Ultra Rendu fit in? Would I not need to use RCA’s? How would my music be played? Right now it is on a an ext SSD plugged into my MBPro. Oh, just rlaise that of course it goes via ethernet to the DAC, not plugged in as there is no way to do it. I think I n ow get it. I am not at all sure I won’t be using the DAC though. Will wait and see or hear!

Well my neighbour’s MacBoonPro whoich I gave him 10 yr ago is now too old to use well. So I oolekd up the the trade in prce for thios one and sold it to him.

In it’s in its place I have bought another MacBook Pro but with the 4 TB disk instead of a 1 TB disk. This means I do not have to pay my music from my outside storage SSD and I can use that for its original purpose which is back up. It’s going to be so much easier to have everything all in the same place.

It is strange to me how I can go along four ages perfectly alright who is my equipment and then suddenly it’s all change. I feel very fortunate that I’m able to do it.

I dictated this because I’m having a flareup of my neurological problems and typing it’s just full of errors. If there are any errors in this it’s because MacBook didn’t understand my voice properly. Kind regards Colin