Artist Equivalence Issues

Hi @anon94274355. A picture (or several) paints a thousand words… :slight_smile:

I re-identified the 2 Monks records and removed “The” from the artist name and both are now in main albums. I’ve added a screen capture for my second issue.

Whenever you have the text “All Tracks Performed by…” why show this text? Seems redundant and useless info and as well as duplicates the artist name when playing an album with this text.

I think that you may need to wait for other meta to update itself in your library. Please would you bump this thread if it does or doesn’t? As usual, could take a few days.

Can you comment on the other issue. I’ve attached another example…there are hundreds of examples I can choose and IMO I don’t get the point of the info here?

In the Frankie Goes To Hollywood bio the link for Paul Rutherford leads to a British trombonist of the same name.

@joel bumping this one, as checked today and not yet resolved
Thanks
Nick

Neither is this from Nov’16.

Edit made for Paul Rutherford.

@anon94274355 I don’t know off the top of my head why you are seeing double. Please would you raise another thread in the non-metadata Support forum?

José Feliciano is being resurrected.

Edit made for Temples.

1 Like

Edit made for Tony Thompson.

This is probably a question for support if the equivalencing is happening on the client and not in the metadata cloud.

Edit made for Dirty Looks.

1 Like

Edit made for Blue Murder.

[quote=“joel, post:196, topic:7184”]
This is probably a question for support if the equivalencing is happening on the client and not in the metadata cloud.
[/quote]@support, I’ve no idea where the equivalence is happening.

Sorry @evand. Please would you raise a new thread in the Support subforum?

@Joel I believe I have brought this up in the past, but can’t remember what/if/how other Roon guys answered. I’m not going to start a new thread… maybe you can bring it to Roon guys in the know.

@anon94274355 Okay.

Edit made for Fiona.

@Andrea_Tacchetti Circus: This is a horrible mess of bad metadata from multiple providers who have confused many different groups called “Circus”. I’ll see what I can do here.