Artist Equivalence Issues

@Rainer_Muller Edit made for Josef Suk

@Seth_Herr Edit made for Lucero.

@Ludwig Edit made for Aki Takahashi.

@kneville Edit made for Gigi.

1 Like

@AE67 Edit made for Michael Johnson, but the edit might have a limited effect with TIDAL mixing up these artists.

Okay. I’ve gone back to Jan 1st 2017 this evening. Will look at earlier ones in due course.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Joel!

The Primitives - (Very long) bio is for mid 60’s UK band, photo and all of my music is the UK band of the same name, led by Tracy Tracy that debuted in 1986 on UK indie Lazy Records. Seven albums all correctly identified, but all link to the 60’s band.

Edit made for The Primitives.

In the biography of No-Man the multi instrumentalist should be called SteveN Wilson. As a consequence the link leads to the wrong person 
 the link further down leads to the wrong person as well.

The Steve(n) Wilson issue is actually just a mistake by the biographer, who has linked to the wrong artist (the “n” doesn’t “cause” anything bad to happen programatically on the Roon side). I’ve requested that this be changed on the Rovi/TiVo side.

On this album of James Taylor, actually as I know on all

the Jimmy Johnson that is linked in Roon, is a guitar player

shall be actually this Jimmy Johnson, the bass player:

@support this is wrong still.
No really big issue and I don’t know if you can do anything about it but wanted to let you know.

I’ve made the edits for Jimmy Johnson. May need another tweak depending on results. Let me know in a week or so what you think. Sorry it’s taken a while!

@joel thanks a lot! However I’ve checked right away and the credit link in a James Taylor album still points to the wrong Jimmy Johnson. Do I need to wait for some days?

Icelandic experimental band MĂșm and other band called Mum have been concatenated.

@NOA It may not be possible to implement a 100% fix unfortunately. TIDAL misattribution of albums can really mess us up here. Our next gen metadata architecture will allow us full flexibility when it comes to editing/overriding metadata provider errors. Plus our processing pipeline will hopefully be able to spot more of these problems.

@anon55914447 Mum edit made.

1 Like

Hello - Im brand new to Roon, just playing around and learning the ropes. I quickly noticed that an Artist I have in my library has the same name as another artist. Roon sees the album correct but the artist data is wrong. I was able to change the pic and other details but the “bio” it shows is still wrong. How do I change this ?

Thanks!
sorry for total newbie question - but that is indeed what I am. :slight_smile:

UK act Sharks (Snips, Andy Fraser, Chris Speeding, Marty Simon and later Busta Cherry Jones) - albums from 1973, 1974 and 1993/1998 identify correctly but all link to bio and photo for a UK punk band formed in 2007