Artist equivalence: Ossian

Just found another issue with metadata. This one concerns the poet James McPherson, also known as ‘Ossian’. A number of Schubert songs are based on his poetry, for example.

His Artist page looks like this:

As you can see, the write-up is about an obscure (at least to me) folk band, while the birth and death dates are the correct ones for James McPherson (see [this Wiki page])(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Macpherson)
Could this be cleaned up, please?

It looks like we’ve three Ossians remixed into one :slight_smile:

So it’s even worse than I thought!

Well, those equivalence issues occur from time to time. Musicbrainz lists nine Ossians (or 12, if we also count artists with Ossian as a forename).

Usually, this kind of info gets fixed in the Roon dataset within a couple of days - or at the source, if it’s wrong there.

@anon47919701
Well, let’s hope so.

See here: Artist Equivalence Issues

I’ve changed the title of the thread so it matches the requested format – I hope you don’t mind.

No, not at all. I know I have seen this topic title before but forgot about it…

1 Like

It’s been six months now, and nothing has changed as the screenshot shows. I’m afraid you were a little to optimistic, @anon47919701
What can I do to have this issue resolved?

Well, I said “usually” … :roll_eyes:. It’s up to the Roonlabs team to clarify.

Hi @Hans_Valeton,

It looks like there are a number of incorrect pieces of data from our providers — We are reaching out to them and requesting they give all Ossian credits a review. We’ll reach out once we hear from them on the status.