Artist's top tracks not showing up - video clip of issue linked

I’m a new Roon subscriber , and today my daughter asked me to play an artist she likes — Ellie Goulding. So, I just wanted to play a few of her top tracks. I currently have both a Tidal and Qobuz account linked (Qobuz is a trial).

I made a video of what I’m seeing on my end. Why does only one track show up under “top tracks”? I had to exit Roon and open the Qobuz app to play her top tracks.

Other than this issue, really enjoying the many unique features of the software, which is why I decided to pay for the subscription. Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Short video below:

**Roon 1.7 (build 571) / Windows 10 ** - Synology NAS Core

1 Like

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the community.

All the steps you did are based on tracks and albums that you’ve added to your library. Since you only have one album in which she made an appearance, only that track shows.

My suggestion would be to bring up her Artist Page, like you did, and click Play Now. That will play her tracks in Roon and also go outside of Roon and play tracks from Tidal and Qobuz. (Note, selecting the down arrow and clicking Roon Radio will play tracks similar to Ellie).

Other users might have other suggestions.

Cheers, Greg

Greg, thank you for the suggestion. I’ll give it a shot!

Hi @bbran33 — Thanks for reaching out!

We are aware of some situations where "Top Tracks doesn’t always appear as expected. We have some improvements planned in this area that will address this in the future, but we can’t promise and specific timeframes just yet.

We appreciate the report!

I appreciate the help Dylan, and as you probably guessed, I tried Greg’s above suggestion, and was disappointed to see it seemingly played random Ellie Goulding songs, and none of her top-5 from either Qobuz or Tidal.

I know you’re aware of it, and don’t want to beat a dead horse, but this is a major flaw, because when I discover a new artist I like I always listen to a few of their most popular songs. Don’t most people do that? It’s a let down after forking out $120 for a music app that I can’t even see Artist’s top songs…that’s pretty basic functionality I think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.