Asking For Reviews of Roon Remote On New iPad

Any chance a future feature to play music using ROON remote with these new iPad Pros. They do have 4 great sounding speakers.

@BillyChiu.com, see

Hereā€™s my review on Roon:

2 Likes

Hi Mike do you have a link to how to get it running on a new fire hd 8 please?

Go to the Roon Download page:

https://roonlabs.com/downloads.html

and click on the Roon Remote Android (apk) link and it will install.

-Ron

So, Ron, I ultimately bought an iPad mini instead of the Fire HD8. I checked them both out, but my familiarity with the Apple ecosystem reeled me in, and I spent the extra money.

I do see that the apk files are available on the Roon site. I assume that works on the Fire HD.

In any case, the Roon Remote works exactly as advertised. I am having a great time with my library, the Tidal library, and the convenience of on-the-couch control.

1 Like

Good decision!

And remember, the iPad Mini can be used with (many) other things, not just Roon :grin:

aha thank you - I see I made the wrong assumption.

I thought that there would be some form of sideloading / hacking involved

Hi @Mike_Rife,

For Fatherā€™s Day, I actually purchased a refurbished iPad Mini 2 as a controller unit to replace the iPhone 7 which I had been using (I still use it now and again in that capacity), which didnā€™t cost all that much and works very well with ROON. it cost me somewhere around $230 or so. Itā€™s well worth it!

Enjoy,

Juan

Yes! Thanks! I got an IPad Mini 4 and it works great!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Fire HD8 as a Roon Remote

Just to be sure, I bought an iPad Air, 22 model with 256 memory, new as a present for myself. Works like a charm.

1 Like

iPad Pro 12.9 here as well, itā€™s perfect though not cheap (but does many things for me). There are many threads about remotes, hereā€™s one of the more recent ones with many good suggestions

1 Like

Did you just wake up from a 5-year nap and head straight to an Apple Store? This is Rip Van Winkle in the modern age?

2 Likes

I love the reporting back!

I hadnā€™t even noticed the 5 year gap :rofl:

2 Likes

So, the community popped up my older iPad mini recommendation, so I decided to also report on my new toy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Five years? Nothinā€™! Next month Iā€™m 76!

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad you like it. iPads are great Roon controllers.

I do wish, though, that youā€™d said ā€œWaitā€¦what year is this? Itā€™s not still 2017?ā€ :grinning:

1 Like

You #&%@ā€˜s are hard on an old man. :sunglasses:

2 Likes