Assumptions about creators of Roon

These posts are useless, and people complain because they can. If you don’t like Roon, then don’t use it period.

1 Like

Another Metadatics advocate here, an excellent program.

I have to agree… you should either maker it work for you, or find something that does. Simples.

So all feature requests should be stopped?

I reported a reduction in Search speeds to Roon sometime back, pre the 1.7 release. The case once ROCK and the Roon Core had been up for greater than about 19 days, an initial search was 3-4x longer.
This has not been the case since the 1.7 release.

I also came from a Squeezebox/LMS path to Roon, rather than the Meridian/Sooloos path than created Roon.
Yes, LMS and Squeezebox V3 at the time worked fine, however the size of my library since then has grown 10 fold, in terms of the number of tracks/albums and 5 fold in physical size. Over 55% of my library is now HiRes (24-bit PCM/DSD) so it is not a valid comparison to look back at LMS then verses ROCK & Roon Core today.

However, I would liked to have seen where Squeezebox & LMS could of been if not sold out to Logictech. The whole mass market presently meet by Sonus could of been theirs.

Most of them are completely ignored anyway…

1 Like

True, I’d forgotten it’s Roon and had an irrational moment thinking feature requests serve a purpose .

1 Like

Shame the new update has not fixed the different search results problem between Roon on iPhone and on PC (an acutual bug that has a ticket)
This sort of thing, is something that is pretty bad and basic functionality. Not finding an album you know you have - sucks.

As for huge boxsets, I am glad I have not got them. The biggest ones I have are the Living Stereo boxes and I simply rip them as single albums. But I feel the grief of those with those huge boxsets.

Is there any documentation describing the process of adding a box set? I’ve tried adding a simple one with 3 Cd’s several times now and to be honest find the workflow completely incomprehensible so I have essentially given up.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_can_I_ensure_multi_disc_sets_and_box_sets_are_identified_properly%3F

I meant adding a box set (even a very simple one) to Musicbrainz. My experience is that with streaming content (unlike with local files) the roon editing features are so limited that it is often not possible to fix the most common issues like a lack of composition identification or work hierarchy. In principle, this appears to be possible in Musicbrainz which will eventually filter through to roon.

Fernando,

One of the problems is that musicbrainz already has classical box sets with individual album art for each of the sets. However, Roon still can’t show the individual cover art for these already identified sets. So, if I go to the trouble of entering this information in musicbrainz, there is still little certainty that Roon will show the individual album cover art.

Some boxsets do not have individual disc art. So, Roon would have treat differently the case of single art for the whole boxset from the case of art for the whole boxset together with art for each disc. Personally, I prefer to have just one image for the whole. If you can specify exactly what you’d like, you could submit a feature request to Roon.

I’ve done this for the last 4 years, to no avail.

Good news is, since the last Roon update there has been no slowing down through usage. Problems with search still exist, but I have not had to restart my server anymore, due to it becoming extremely slow.