Attempted Login and TIDAL constantly dropping

Why is this happening. Has never happened before, but since the latest update, this is happening constantly and will suddenly drop Tidal altogether and then you need to login again which takes you to a website to confirm (and never works on the first try) and now all Tidal albums have no artwork. This is a mess right now.

Tidal changed their login protocol to a website based system. Roon has implemented changes to respond. @support will investigate to try to find out why it isn’t running smoothly for you. Can you describe your setup, including network, to get them started ?

Thanks Andrew. Running Roon server on a MacMini (late 2012) to an UltraRendu and use HQPlayer (Desktop 3.25.6). Right now zero images and I’m noticing even some of my local albums are missing artwork.

Hi @anon94274355,

Can you describe your networking setup?

Are albums missing on all remote devices?

Is there any change after a reboot of the Core machine and router?

Hi Dylan,

Network connections are all ethernet:
Router -> AirPort -> MacMini w/Drobo attached via thunderbolt -> Network Switch (connected to AirPort) -> UltraRendu -> DAC (USB)
I’ve rebooted too many times (both router, computer and Roon server app) to mention since the last update and same login and missing artwork issues. The issue with the missing artwork seemed to just resolve itself and loaded all images at around 8pm last night without me doing anything. Was something addressed on the Roon backend?

I’m also noticing increased loading screen time (flashing Roon logo) on my iPad since the latest update, even for doing a simple action (such as going back to the overview page).

Hi @anon94274355,

Can you please try clearing out your TIDAL cache by using these instructions?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

If this behavior re-occurs after the TIDAL cache clear, can you please note the exact local time + date it occurs at?

Not as far as we’re aware, and we haven’t seen widespread reports of this issue.

Still having Tidal issues where under setting / services I’m signed in to Tidal but there is just a spinning icon. Needed to log out and took me 4 tries before it actually logged in. Please let us know if this is going to be a constant issue with Tidal because of their new login in format, if so I will be cancelling Tidal, as it needs to just work.

2 posts were split to a new topic: TIDAL keeps disconnecting/spinning icon

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL Spinning Wheel

Hi @anon94274355,

What kind of router are you using? What is the model/manufacturer? Are you using the default ISP-provided DNS servers or are you using Google/Cloudflare/Quad9?

It’s a Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (Hitron CGN3, CGNM3552 modem)

Yes.

Hi @anon94274355,

Thanks for confirming the model and DNS information. Do you by any chance have the ability to specify manual DNS servers on your router? If so I would suggest making the switch to Cloudflare/Quad9/Google DNS. Can you let me know if this is possible and if it helps with the issues you’re seeing?

I’m not going to do this. Roon needs to make their app work with how the majority of people use, which is ISP provided DNS servers. Is this also why Roon has been so sluggish since the last update? My iPad constantly has the Roon logo spinning for minutes at a time while trying to do the simplest thing, such as going back to the overview screen.

Hi @anon94274355,

Often times we have seen ISP DNS servers not properly translate web addresses into valid IP addresses, so while in an ideal world these settings don’t need to be changed, we have seen this to not be the case.

Since you are not able/willing to change the DNS servers, I would like to suggest something else here, which is to reinstall Roon. Please use these instructions and verify if it helps with the issues:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” or “RoonServer” depending on your install type
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old” or “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our downloads page to generate a new Roon database
  • Verify if the fresh database has the same issue for a few days
  • If the issue does not occur, restore the backup created in step #1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.